New Layout + Blog Sale

Happy Monday everyone!

I hope you had a fantastic weekend. Me, I spent it putting the finishing touches to the new layout and other bits and bobs on the site. Here’s what’s new:

The layout
What do you think of the new layout? Some of you mentioned the old one was cluttered and the header plain and boring and I have to say I agree with you. So, this time I went for a more minimalist layout and a more vibrant header. I hope you’ll like it. Personally, I’m not 100% sure about it so I might tweak something in the next few days. If you have any suggestions on how to improve or find any glitches or problems please let me know so I can fix them.

Threaded comments
Finally, a new feature I’ve been wanting for ages: threaded comments with a reply button. Now replying to comments and chatting with one another will be much easier!

Blog Sale
Also, if you look at the top you’ll find a new page called Blog Sale. I toyed with the idea of doing a blog sale for a while but I didn’t want you guys getting crappy products I don’t use so I decided to only sell products I like but don’t use very often simply because I have way too much stuff. I’m never gonna finish it all before it expires so I’d rather it went to a good home than letting it go to waste.

On the blog sale page, which will be updated every month with new items, you can find a link to my review and my reason for sale so you can better decide if you want the product or not. Also, I’m willing to do swaps too so if you see something you want but prefer to trade instead of buying, just make me an offer and we’ll take it from there.

A surprise
Finally, Beautiful With Brains is gonna turn two in a few days! Can’t believe how fast time flies! I have a surprise in store for you for that day, so keep checking back!

Comments

Vonvon, thank you, I’m glad you like it. Yes, the space for the posts is wider as I wanted to get rid of all the useless stuff on the sidebar and make more room for what really matters, ie posts and pictures. :)

Thanks, I can’t believe it’s been two years already. Check back in a few days and all will be revealed. :)

Thank you, Marina!

Isn’t that button great? I’ve been wanting it for ages but didn’t know how to create it on the old theme.

Renee, thank you! I didn’t wanna change the layout completely, but it definitely needed to be decluttered and neater. I’ve been wanting to try Thesis for a while and so far I love it. Ever since I got, I’m discovering new options everyday. :)

Pinch, thank you. I’m glad people are liking the new layout. :) The surprised will be revealed in a few days so check back regularly so you won’t miss it! ;)

Thanks Tammy! I was tired of how cluttered he old layout was, I think keeping it simple is best. Green is my fave color too, together with pink. ;)

Paris, thanks a lot! It had really started to irritate me how slow the old layout loaded but I didn’t know what to do about it. This is much better. :)

love the new layout too! clean and spacious.

and and what? it has been 2 years already? congratulations! and yesss time waits for no one!

Xin, thanks for the well wishes. Can’t believe it’s been so long. It seems like yesterday that I wrote my first post. And thanks, I’m glad you like the new layout. :)

Jenn, thanks a lot for the kind well wishes and I’m really glad you like the new layout too. :)