QOTW: Do you use every beauty product you own?

Do you use every beauty product you own?

Beautiful with Brains says: I try to but I don’t. I usually stick to my favourites so some items can lay untouched in my drawers for ages. But I go through my stash every few months and if I see something that I don’t use often, I’ll just give it away to friends or swap it, even if doing so breaks my heart. But there’s no point in keeping something you don’t use, right?

Comments

Most items like lipstick, I never use. Only because I don’t wear lipstick so I only use those on my clients. I try to switch it up every so often to use everything, but most times, I stick to my favs too, haha.
    .-= Dee´s last blog ..Oh, the busy Saturday! =-.

2. beautifulwithbrains says

Marina, me too. I can’t believe some people throw out makeup like that. I understand if it is expired, but otherwise give it to someone that’ll use or it’s just a huge waste of money and products. And good for you to use almost everything in your stash!

3. beautifulwithbrains says

Dee me too. I go to phases when I use new things I just bought sometimes but usually my favourites are the same and I almost always use those. But that’s good that you use what you don’t wear on your clients (lucky them!) so that nothing gets wasted.

4. beautifulwithbrains says

Trisha, you should or you could give them away/swap them. That’s what I do with stuff that I like but don’t use often cos I tend to stick to my favourites as well. :)

I rotate my products to use them up. I don’t have that much makeup, but it looks like a lot because it’s all spread out so I can see everything. If I don’t see it, I won’t use it. If I don’t like something, I return it. I try to minimize waste by getting samples or travel sizes since I try so many new products. If I really like something new and know I’ll use it, then I get a full size.
    .-= Tammy´s last blog ..Get The Stila It Girl Eye Shadow Palette For Only $10 =-.

6. beautifulwithbrains says

Tammy rotating product is a great idea and so are samples. That way nothing get wasted. Thansk for the tips. :) And lucky you that you can return products. We can’t do that here. :(

7. beautifulwithbrains says

Tavia, that’s good that you only buy what you need skincare-wise. :) As for the makeup, I can relate. I sometimes get products that are good but I find them too sheer or natural for my tastes (it’s just personal preference cos the quality’s good) so I don’t use them all. But those that I don’t use I give away to charities or someone else who’ll enjoy them more. :)

8. beautifulwithbrains says

Connie, that’s good that you try to use everything once and that you give what you don’t need to someone else. What someone doesn’t like, someone else might enjoy a lot and nothing gets wasted. :)