TGIF! I don’t know about you but I’ve had a very tiring week and can’t wait to relax this weekend. Today, I want to show you a look that I did a couple of days ago. I was in the mood for something neutral yet colorful and so I used brown shades on my lids and crease and spiced up the look with some pop of color along the upper and lower lashline.
Also, in the list of the products I’ve used, I’ve added links to the reviews I’ve written about them. Some of them even contain swatches so it might give you a better idea of what shades you can use if you wanna copy this look. Please let me know if you like this idea or if I should go back to no posting any links at all. And now, the look:
– Senna Totally Transforming Eyeshadow Primer
– Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
– NYC Metro Quartet Palette in Union Square (orangey brown)
– Sleek Bohemian eyeshadow palette (rust, matte black and matte purple)
– Sleek Curious eyeshadow palette (white)
– Barry M Intense Eyeliner Pen in Kingfisher Blue
– Essence Kajal pencil in Teddy
– Maybelline Volum Express Cat Eyes mascara
– YSL Teint Singulier Sheer Powdercreme Veil Foundation
– Max Factor Erace Concealer
– Pupa bronzer
– Pupa Luminys Baked Blush #04
– Senna Spot Lites Highlighting Pencil
– Fyrinnae Finishing Powder Oil Control
– Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Rose Petal
– Apply an eyeshadow primer (I used Senna Totally Transforming Eyeshadow Primer) all over the lid to create a base for the shades to adhere to and last longer.
– Apply Fyrinnae’s Pixie Epoxy (if you don’t have, you can skip this step) on the lid to make the colors really pop.
– Apply an orange brown shade (I used the one in the NYC Metro Quartet Palette in Union Square) on the lid.
– Sweep a rust (I used the one in the Sleek Bohemian palette) shade on the outer corner of the eye and crease area.
– Slightly darken the outer corner of the eye and crease with a black shade (I used the one in the Sleek Bohemian palette). Use just the slightest amount of black and blend gently.
– Using MAC 219 pencil brush, sweep a matte purple shade (I used the one in the Sleek Bohemian palette) on the lower lashline.
– Apply a white shade (I used the one in the Sleek Curious palette) on the browbone to highlight.
– Line your upper lid with a bright light blue eyeliner (I used Barry M Intense Eyeliner Pen in Kingfisher Blue).
– Apply a brown eyeliner (I used Essence Kajal pencil in Teddy) on the waterline.
– Finish off with mascara (I used Maybelline Volum Express Cat Eyes mascara).
– On your face, apply concealer (I used Max Factor Erace Concealer) to cover dark circles and any other imperfection you may have, and then your usual foundation (I used YSL Teint Singulier Sheer Powdercreme Veil Foundation in no.5). If you need it, contour (I applied a bronzer in one of the Pupa palettes I have on my nose to make it look slimmer).
– Apply a brown blush (I used Pupa Luminys Baked Blush #04. I have no idea why it looks pink, it might be the light and that I applied with a very, very light hand as this stuff is very pigmented) on your cheeks.
– Highlight the cheekbones, middle of the nose and chin with a subtle highlighter (I used Senna Spot Lites Highlighting Pencil).
– Apply a finishing powder to set the makeup and absorb excess oil (I used Fyrinnae Finishing Powder Oil Control).
– Apply a soft pink lipstick (I used Sleek True Colour in Petal Rose) and you’re done!