QOTW: What beauty technique would you like to master?

What beauty technique would you like to master?

Beautiful with Brains says: I’d love to learn how to apply liquid eyeliner. Every time I try, I always make a huge mess!

Comments

REALLY flawless eyeshadow blending, and how to apply foundation so that it lasts all day! I’m still learning about both of these!

On the other hand, over the past year, I’ve learned how to apply false eyelashes! I’m proud of myself for that accomplishment!
    .-= K / bihadadiaries´s last blog ..Touristy things and a huge dog! =-.

2. beautifulwithbrains says

K, blending just takes practice. I’m still learning that myself. As for foundation, I think you just need to find the right product for you and maybe a primer would help too.

But congrats on mastering the art of applying falses lashes. That’s very tricky so well done!

3. beautifulwithbrains says

Addy, oh no! I do feel your pain, I had that problem too. Now I use shades that aren’t too dark like greyish blacks and don’t smudge the pencil too much. Also, a good primer is important to make sure the eyeshadow stays on the lid and doesn’t travel everywhere. :)

4. beautifulwithbrains says

Citrine, that’s a tricky one but all it takes is a lot of practice. I’m still practicing that too. :)

5. beautifulwithbrains says

Simone, you have a beautiful face. The trick with contouring is a matte bronzer/eyeshadow/blush that is only one or two shades darker than your skintone and, more importantly, lots of practice. :)

6. beautifulwithbrains says

Michelle, I feel your pain! I’ve been practicing with an angled brush lately and even though it helps a lot, my application is still far from perfect.

7. beautifulwithbrains says

Trisha, your blending skills are great! Have you tried Fyrinnae’s Pixie Epoxy? It’s a product that gives the foiled look without using water or a mixing medium. You just apply the smallest amount on your lid (not too much or blending will be a problem) and then put on eyeshadow and it will improve its color payoff, just like if you had used it foiled. :)

8. beautifulwithbrains says

Tammy, oh that’s too bad! I can imagine how frustrated you must be. Grooming and getting even eyebrows is so hard! Have you tried using a stencil? It helps me a lot to get the same, even shape on both brows.

9. beautifulwithbrains says

prettybeautiful, grooming brows is tricky, they often end up uneven! But I think a stencil helps a lot. As for the blending, practice is the key. ;)

10. beautifulwithbrains says

Ahleessa, finding a good eyeliner that lasts on the waterline is almost impossible! The ones that work the longest on me are Barry M Intense Eyeliner Pen and Urban Decay 24/7 pencils. Have you tried those?

11. beautifulwithbrains says

Trisha, Pixie Epoxy is indeed amazing, I’m sure you’ll love it too. I’ve used other primers in the past, and eyeshadows wet, but the Pixie Epoxy gives the best color payoff by far. I never do a look without it these days. :)

12. beautifulwithbrains says

Tavia, I think with fake lashes the best thing to do is to buy a pair of really inexpensive ones and just practice, practice, practice. Fake lashes are so tricky. Even when you learned how to apply them, you can always make a mistake (and a mess!).

13. beautifulwithbrains says

Mylanqolia, you have a beautiful face hun. *hugs* I’d love to be able to do nail art as well but for me it’s already a big accomplishment if I manage to apply nail polish without ruining it 5 minutes later lol. But considering how well you can draw on your lids, I’m sure that with a bit of practice you’ll be able to do some fantastic nail designs as well.