QOTW: Do you plan your hauls?

Do you plan your hauls?

Beautiful with brains says: I do. If I’m shopping online, I spend a few days browsing the site carefully to decide what to get and stick to the list. But if I’m going shopping in stores, I usually see lots of extra things I like so I end up going home with something different from what I had originally planned to get.

Comments

yup! I do plan when I buying stuff online. I’d usually look through reviews and swatches, etc. Offline shopping is the dangerous one! I tend to buy things that I don’t need. Probably one of the reasons why I try to avoid stores in general…
    .-= Connie´s last blog ..Him-Spired Tutorials: Bill Kaulitz =-.

2. beautifulwithbrains says

Marina, oh how I wish virtual money didn’t count! lol I usually keep my orders small when buying online in case it gets lost in the post or something (the Italian postal service isn’t very reliable :( ), but it’s great to be able to browse the store in peace and get what you want without those annoying SAs trying to sell you what you don’t need or keeping their eyes on you all the time like you were a thief about to walk away with stuff without paying.

3. beautifulwithbrains says

Connie, I agree, shopping in stores is dangerous indeed! I always read reviews and look at swatches before buying too but when I’m in a shop and see something that catches my eye I usually end up buying extra stuff that I either don’t need or doesn’t work too well.

Good question :)

It depends. Online or offline, if it’s a company I’ve never tried before, I often jump straight in and just pick a bunch of products that look appealing to me. If I can recall reading any recommendations, I might bear those in mind, but not necessarily.

If it’s a company I’ve bought from before, I often have a ‘wishlist’ (either a real one online, or just in my head) and I always try to stick to that.
    .-= Simone´s last blog ..Lime Crime Lipstick Swatches =-.

I *try* to plan them… and then I walk into Sephora, and something shiny and bright and sparkly catches my eye and *POOF* plans are gone.
    Yeah, it’s a problem :/

6. beautifulwithbrains says

Simone, I do that too with brands I’ve never purchased from before. I buy what looks more promising but more often than not I end up being disappointed. :( I hope you choose better than me ;)

7. beautifulwithbrains says

Rebecca, ain’t that always the way? I feel your pain, as much as I try to stick to my wishlist, when I walk into a shop resisting new and pretty things is hard! :)

8. beautifulwithbrains says

Ahleessa, impulse buying is dangerous! You can end up with stuff you don’t need or don’t like. But it’s so hard to resist all those tempting products in stores, isn’t it? ;)

Meanwhile I’ve learned to plan them because I have to control my shopping behaviour. It’s very, very, very easy to become an addict but I don’t want to visit a psychologist due to this. No way!
    .-= Mylanqolia´s last blog ..1, 2, 3dsupply =-.

10. beautifulwithbrains says

Mylanqolia, I feel you! We makeup addicts need to be careful with hauling cos it could so easily go out of control. I don’t wanna go broke to buy lots fo stuff I’ll never use lol. :)