Looks: Blue Pop

Hello everyone,

today’s look is simple and quick, but still bright and colorful. I was in a rush but I didn’t want to wear neutrals so, while still keeping the crease area natural, I’ve swiped a bright and pigmented blue shade on the lid to add a beautiful pop of color. I’m pleased with how it tuned out and I hope you’ll like it too. :)

Products used:
– Senna Totally Transforming Eyeshadow Primer
– Beauty From The Earth eyeshadow in Blueberry
– NYC Metro Quartet palette in Union Square (medium brown shade)
– Sephora eyeshadow in Aspen Summit
– Pupa black pencil liner
– Max Factor Masterpiece Max mascara

Directions:
– Apply an eyeshadow base (I used Senna Totally Transforming Eyeshadow primer) all over lid.
– Sweep a bright blue shade (I used Beauty From the Earth in Blueberry) on the lid.
– Apply a medium brown shade (I used the one in NYC Metro Quartet palette in Union Square) on the crease and blend well.
– Sweep a white shade (I used Sephora eyeshadow in Aspen Summit) on the browbone to highlight.
– Line your upper lid with a black pencil liner.
– Finish off with mascara.

Comments

That’s a gorgeous shade of blue, and it goes really well with the brown. I’m into blue right now so maybe I’ll try something similar one day soon :)

2. beautifulwithbrains says

Simone, that’s one of my fave blue shades ever. It’s bluberry from Beauty From the Earth but I can’t find it on their website anymore. I think it might have been repackaged from TKB trading since lately BFTE have discounted all their repackaging shades and now only sell the eyeshadows they make themselves. And I’d love to see you try something similar :)

3. beautifulwithbrains says

Dao, thanks. I think it’s a nice way to spice up any look. I’d love to see you do this look, blues look so pretty on you!

4. beautifulwithbrains says

Tavia, thanks. I agree, blue can be hard to pull off, but it’s such a beautiful shade and, for those with brown eyes, it can really make them pop. I think those that are scared of it could try pairing it with a brown/neutral shade to town the look down or maybe just use a blue eyeliner to spice up a look.

5. beautifulwithbrains says

Mylanqolia, thanks. That is such a beautiful shade, isn’t it? BFTE discounted it but I think you can get it at TKB trading and it’s really cheap but very pigmented. Aww, you’re too kind. You’re an inspiration to me too, your looks are always so creative. I’d love to see you do something with blue :)

6. beautifulwithbrains says

Rebecca, thank you. Blue eyeshadows can be hard to pull off, I agree, but if you can make it work, it looks stunning. I think this look, which pairs blue with a natural shade, is perfect for people who are just starting or want to but are too scared to wear blue eyeshadow. :)