Looks: Smokey Eyes with a Hint of Purple + swaps

Hi everyone!

TGIF! We’ve made it to the end of another week. Have you got any plans for the weekend? I’m not sure what I’m gonna do yet but I’ll try and catch up on some deserved sleep. Sad, isn’t it?

Anyway, here’s a look I did a few days ago. Yes, it’s another smokey eyes look. This time I wanted a dark look with a hint of color so I’ve used some purple on the crease and I’m quite pleased with how the look turned out. Here’s the pix:

Products used:
– Urban Decay Primer Potion
– Sleek Curious eyeshadow palette (white and black)
– Kiko eyeshadow in Vinaccia Scuro (purple)
– Fior di Magnolia Light Blue Set eyeshadow quad (dark grey)
– Pupa black pencil liner
– L’Oreal Telescopic Explosion mascara
– Max Factor Masterpiece Max mascara

Directions:
– Apply UDPP all over lid as base.
– Sweep a white shade (I used the one in the Sleek Curious palette) on the browbone to highlight.
– Using a crease brush (I used Smashbox Crease Brush #10), apply a purple shade (I used Kiko eyeshadow in Vinaccia Scuro) on the crease and blend out any harsh lines. Using MAC 219 pencil brush, apply some on the inner lower lashline too.
– Appy a dark grey shade (I used the one in Fior di Magnolia Light Blue Set eyeshadow quad) on the lid. With MAC 219 brush, apply some on the outer lower lashline too and blend where it meets with the purple.
– Apply a black shade (I used the one in Sleek eyeshadow) on the outer V.
– Apply the white shade you previously used on the tear duct. This will open up the eyes a bit.
– Apply a very thin line of pencil liner on the lid. Line your waterline too.
– Finish off with mascara.

On another note, I wanted to show you what I got in the mail recently. Don’t you just love receiving packages from friends filled with beauty goodies? The first one is a package from the lovely Dao of My Makeup Blog. We decided to do a swap and I finally got her parcel at the end of last year (I know this is long overdue, but better late than never right?). Here’s what she sent me:

I’ve received a E.L.F. Candy Shop Lipgloss, L’Oreal Hip Metallic Shadow Duo, Loew-Cornell 7450 Chisel Blender brush (I’ve wanted a good eyeliner brush for ages and this works so well!), two Milani eyeshadows and blush, two NYC Metro Quartet Quads and a Pencil & Pout, Physician’s Formula Shimmer Strips (this is perfect to do a smokey eye!) and the Studio Tools Dual-Finish Brush. She was very generous and I’m in love with everything she sent me. Thanks a lot hun!

At the beginning of the year I’ve received a parcel from another one of my sweet blogging friends, Hanna. It’s the second swap we did and this time I got the Beautilicious brush Set (aren’t the pink brushes super pretty? And they are so soft too!), the Maybelline Volum Express Cat Eyes Mascara and Nivea Velvet Rose lip balm. Thanks a lot Hanna and I hope you’ll package will arrive soon!

Comments

1. beautifulwithbrains says

Connie, thanks. I wanted to try the Cat Eye mascara cos I heard it gave lashes a dramatic look, which is what I look for in a mascara. It’s a shame to hear it dries out fast though, thanks for letting me know.

2. beautifulwithbrains says

Trisha, you so should! Swapping is so much fun! You get to know and become friends with so many wonderful people all over the world and also try new products that aren’t available in your country.

This is such a gorgeous look! I have not done FOTD for a while, you make me want to do something smokey :) I’m glad you enjoy the products I sent. It looks like the gold e/s was broken?
    .-= Dao´s last blog ..Thank You! =-.

4. beautifulwithbrains says

Dao, thank you. You need to do more FOTDs, I miss them! I can’t wait to see you do a smokey look. :)

I’ve actually redone this look yesterday using the Physician’s Formula palette that you sent me. Unfortunately I didn’t have time to take pix yesterday (althought that’s become my go-to palette for smokey eyes so you’ll see more looks with it in the future ;) ) and I really liked how it turned out. The colors are nicely pigmented, blend easily and last long, thanks for sending it to me.

One of the Milani eyeshadows was broken, so I’m planning to move it into a jar soon. Yep, it’s that badly broken but still usable. To be honest, after all the time the package took to get here, I didn’t care if an eyeshadow was broken, I was just glad I had finally received it. I was scared it had been destroyed! (yes, that happens although a lot less after the media exposed the scandal).

I love the cat eyes mascara, but it didn’t dry out as quickly for me as it did for Connie. Let’s hope yours won’t dry up that fast! Such wonderful swaps and I absolutely love this eye look! I think this maybe be one of your best ones Gio. I absolutely adore that purple shade<3
    .-= Dee´s last blog ..Rave: Maybelline Angelfit Pore Zero Base =-.

6. beautifulwithbrains says

Dee, I hope so too! I’m glad yours lasted longer. It’s a shame when mascaras dry out too fast, esp if they are good. Thanks, I’m glad you like it. The purple shade is pretty, isn’t it? It’s from Kiko, an Italian drugstore brand. It’s very inexpenive, but nicely pigmented and easy to blend.

7. beautifulwithbrains says

Vonvon, thanks and I hope they help you with the smokey eye look. It took me a while to master it too and I still I can’t do it using black eyeshadows. It just makes me look like someone has punched me in the eye lol.

This is a very late respond from me.

I’m glad that u like the stuffs I sent u, Gio. I honestly didn’t know that the Cat Eye mascara dries out really fast, as I keep hearing good reviews on it (apparently Dee think soo too. ;)

I think it’s time for me to buy one for myself. Why should u n Dee have all the fun? =p btw, I got your package few days ago! I love everything u sent, thanks a lot Gio!
    .-= HaNNa´s last blog ..My (Victoria) Secret…. =-.

9. beautifulwithbrains says

Hanna, that’s ok, I know you’re busy and I hope all is well with you. :) I need to reply to your email too, but I’ve been so busy lately, :( sorry hun.

I’m loving the Cat Eye Mascara hun, it makes my lashes so long and well-definied. You should definitely try it eheh. Oh and I love the brushes! They are so pretty and do their job well too.

I’m glad that you got my package and like everything. You’re welcome and thanks to you for being an awesome swap partner :)