TGIF! We’ve made it to the end of another week. Have you got any plans for the weekend? I’m not sure what I’m gonna do yet but I’ll try and catch up on some deserved sleep. Sad, isn’t it?
Anyway, here’s a look I did a few days ago. Yes, it’s another smokey eyes look. This time I wanted a dark look with a hint of color so I’ve used some purple on the crease and I’m quite pleased with how the look turned out. Here’s the pix:
– Urban Decay Primer Potion
– Sleek Curious eyeshadow palette (white and black)
– Kiko eyeshadow in Vinaccia Scuro (purple)
– Fior di Magnolia Light Blue Set eyeshadow quad (dark grey)
– Pupa black pencil liner
– L’Oreal Telescopic Explosion mascara
– Max Factor Masterpiece Max mascara
– Apply UDPP all over lid as base.
– Sweep a white shade (I used the one in the Sleek Curious palette) on the browbone to highlight.
– Using a crease brush (I used Smashbox Crease Brush #10), apply a purple shade (I used Kiko eyeshadow in Vinaccia Scuro) on the crease and blend out any harsh lines. Using MAC 219 pencil brush, apply some on the inner lower lashline too.
– Appy a dark grey shade (I used the one in Fior di Magnolia Light Blue Set eyeshadow quad) on the lid. With MAC 219 brush, apply some on the outer lower lashline too and blend where it meets with the purple.
– Apply a black shade (I used the one in Sleek eyeshadow) on the outer V.
– Apply the white shade you previously used on the tear duct. This will open up the eyes a bit.
– Apply a very thin line of pencil liner on the lid. Line your waterline too.
– Finish off with mascara.
On another note, I wanted to show you what I got in the mail recently. Don’t you just love receiving packages from friends filled with beauty goodies? The first one is a package from the lovely Dao of My Makeup Blog. We decided to do a swap and I finally got her parcel at the end of last year (I know this is long overdue, but better late than never right?). Here’s what she sent me:
I’ve received a E.L.F. Candy Shop Lipgloss, L’Oreal Hip Metallic Shadow Duo, Loew-Cornell 7450 Chisel Blender brush (I’ve wanted a good eyeliner brush for ages and this works so well!), two Milani eyeshadows and blush, two NYC Metro Quartet Quads and a Pencil & Pout, Physician’s Formula Shimmer Strips (this is perfect to do a smokey eye!) and the Studio Tools Dual-Finish Brush. She was very generous and I’m in love with everything she sent me. Thanks a lot hun!
At the beginning of the year I’ve received a parcel from another one of my sweet blogging friends, Hanna. It’s the second swap we did and this time I got the Beautilicious brush Set (aren’t the pink brushes super pretty? And they are so soft too!), the Maybelline Volum Express Cat Eyes Mascara and Nivea Velvet Rose lip balm. Thanks a lot Hanna and I hope you’ll package will arrive soon!