QOTW: How many eyeshadows, on average, do you use in a look?

How many eyeshadows, on average, do you use in a look?

Beautiful with Brains says: it depends on the look, but on average, I’d say 4. If I’m doing a more complicated look I may use 5 or 6 or even more but if I don’t have much time to apply makeup then I only use 3: one of my lid, one on my crease and one on the browbone to highlight.

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Facebook

Comments

1. beautifulwithbrains says

Dao, me too. I don’t like spending too much time applying and blending eyshadows but sometimes it can’t be avoided. That’s the only downside of creating those bright and complicated looks I love. They’re beautiful but you can’t rush them or they turn out really bad.

2. beautifulwithbrains says

Simone, that’s exactly what I do too. It’s fun to go crazy and create looks with lots of different shades. But if you’re in a rush, using 3 is the best way to go. Eyes are defined and highlighted in seconds and look so pretty.

3. beautifulwithbrains says

Trisha, I’m with you there. I don’t like using only one or two colors. You can create beautiful looks with so few shades, but I feel naked with them. In addition to a color on my lid, I need to use a different color on the crease to define it and another one on the browbone to highlight it.

4. beautifulwithbrains says

Connie, that’s what I usually do too when I use 4 shades. It’s a good eyeshadow placement that defines and highlights the eyes beautifully.

I use 2 for an everyday look using slight shimmer or multi-dimensional shadows so it looks like I made an effort putting on my makeup, lol. But at most – I would use around 5 if I’m feeling creative.
    .-= Dee´s last blog ..Milky Clean! =-.

Usually 4 for me too!! πŸ˜€ inner crease, outer crease, contour and highlight, though sometimes i may use up to 3 colors at the crease! πŸ˜€
    .-= Jenn´s last blog ..I know!!! =-.

7. beautifulwithbrains says

Jenn, me too. I think that’s a good number, not too much and not too less. And it defines the eyes so well.

8. beautifulwithbrains says

Tavia, three seems to be the most popular number and I can see why: it’s quick, simple and beautiful. Can’t wait to see the pix of your looks, I’m sure they’re beautiful!

That’s an interesting quessie, my dear! I think you’re the first one who ask it. *yay* So, here’s my unspectacular answer: None when I’m too lazy (just a liner and mascara are sufficient), 3 when I want a simple look, 4-5 when I feel creative and more than 5, when I need some fun. πŸ˜‰
    .-= Mylanqolia´s last blog ..Fake eyelid tattoo: Dragonfly =-.