QOTW: Do you let other people play with your stash?

Do you let other people play with your stash?

Beautiful with Brains says: none of my friends are into makeup, but if they wanted to use my cosmetics I’d let them. I’m not too worried about bacteria as I can always sanitize everything anyway. I’d supervise them though so that they know what they can and cannot do and wouldn’t let them use stuff like mascara or liquid eyeliner.

Source

Comments

1. 1

says

Hmm, I dunno. I’m a little paranoid about using other people’s make-up or letting other people use mine. Especially eye make-up, because I wear contact lenses so it’s a disaster if I pick up any eye infections.

2. 2

says

Depends on what it is, be it eyeshadow or blush, I moniter them too. But if I leave the room and I come back and see them use my mascara, I just give it to them, and I tell them never to do that again, lol.
    .-= Dee´s last blog ..A Piece of Me…In January =-.

3. 3

beautifulwithbrains says

Simone, I hear ya. Eye infections are really nasty and you need to be so careful with eye makeup. I don’t worry too much about powder eyeshadows as they can be easily sanitized, but stuff like mascara is a no-no for me. Besides, not everyone knows how to sanitize makeup so sometimes it’s better not to share at all. In any case, better be safe than sorry.

4. 4

beautifulwithbrains says

Dee, that’s what I do too. I don’t mind people using my cosmetics but I don’t like sharing liquid makeup products, the chances of getting an eye infection are too high. I can’t understand why people share mascaras though, that’s gross and dangerous.

5. 8

beautifulwithbrains says

prettybeautiful, I agree. And eww that is gross, I really don’t know what these people are thinking. Aren’t they scared they are going to get an eye infection?

6. 9

beautifulwithbrains says

Jenn, that’s not selfish hun. Makeup is a personal things and it could harbour bacteria and cause infections if not treated properly (and not everyone knows how to do that), so it’s understandable that you don’t wanna share it. There are some things, like liquid eye products, that I don’t wanna share either.

7. 10

beautifulwithbrains says

Citrine, that’s good that you warn your friends about infections regarding liquid makeup products. I do that too but still wouldn’t let them use those, I’m a bit paranoid like that.

8. 11

says

None of my friends are really into makeup either, though they do sometimes try out eyeshadows and such when they visit. I really don’t mind – it gives us something to bond over, and it’s not like I have something so special and rare that I can’t share with anyone. We have fun with it – sometimes I’m even allowed to give makeovers :D
    .-= Rebecca´s last blog ..Quick Take: M.A.C. Volcanic Ash Exfoliator =-.

9. 12

beautifulwithbrains says

Rebecca, that sounds like fun! I wish I could join you guys eheh. ;) It’s a nice way to bond and spend time together.

10. 13

says

No, because my eye area is very sensitive. Besides, it’s the same thing referring to my social contacts. My true fieinds aren’t into make up. Shame on them! ;-) No, jk. I love them for their character not for their make up bags. But I have to admit that I try to influence my younger cousin who can’t afford to buy much cosmetics products because she’s a poor student. Therefore, she has allowed me to do a fun look on her after her exams in February. How cool is that? She’s my abulic victim now. *harr harr harr* Next step: World domination. *harr harr harr* Anyways, do you do make up on your friends, btw? Do they trust your abilities?
    .-= Mylanqolia´s last blog ..The Sleek Review is online =-.

11. 14

beautifulwithbrains says

Mylanqolia, that’s a shame your friends aren’t into makeup either. It’d be so nice to bond over makeup, go to beauty stores together and give each other makeovers. So far, none of my friends have let me apply makeup on them. I think they trust my abilities, but just aren’t interested lol. They’re the type of people that go barefaced or just wear mascara and lipgloss. But like you, I love them for who they are and not for how much makeup they wear.

That’s good that you’re turning your cousin into a makeup addict lol, we need to spread the makeup love eheh. I’ve convinced my mum to start wearing makeup, but she only wears foundation and lipgloss so far. I need to find other victims now lol.