Looks: Gold + Green

Happy New Year Everyone!

I hope you had fun celebrating the New Year last night. What did you get up to? :)

I thought I’d start the year by posting a simple look I did a couple of days ago using yellow, gold and green. I know the eyeliner looks weird in the first pix but that’s because the photo was taken at a weird angle. It looked fine in real life!

But overall, I like how the look came out. The colors complement one another very well and it was nice to go back to wearing bright makeup after all the smokey and neutral looks I did recently. Here’s the pix:

Products used:
– Urban Decay Primer Potion
– Sleek Curious palette (yellow and green)
– Bottega Verde My Box Palette (gold)
– Sleek Original palette (copper and light pink)
– Prestige Eyeliner pencil in Kiwi
– Pupa pencil liner
– L’Oreal Telescopic Explosion mascara

Directions:
– Apply UDPP all over lid as a base.
– Sweep a yellow shade (I used the one in Sleek Curious palette) on the inner part of the lid. Using MAC 219 pencil brush, apply some on the inner lower lashline too.
– Apply a gold shade (I used the one in Bottega Verde My Box palette) on the outer lid and crease. Blend.
– Apply a copper shade (I used the one in Sleek Original palette) on the outer corner and blend well.
– Sweep a nude pink shade (I used the one in Sleek Original palette) on the browbone to highlight.
– Using MAC 219 pencil brush, sweep a green shade (I used the darker one in the Sleek Curious palette) on the outer lower lashline and blend where it meets the yellow shade you previously applied.
– Line your upper lid with a black pencil liner (I used Pupa’s) and your waterline with a green eyeliner (I used Prestige Eyeliner pencil in Kiwi).
– Finish off with mascara.

Comments

1. beautifulwithbrains says

All Women Stalker, thanks. I’m sure it’ll look nice on you. You should try it, at least for fun :)

2. beautifulwithbrains says

Dee, thanks! I was starting to miss them too and it’s so good to wear them again! You can expect many more in the near future :)

3. beautifulwithbrains says

Tavia, thanks, I think it has a spring feel too. :) Oh that’s a shame you don’t like green, it’s my fave eyeshadow color. I have green eyes too and I know we’re not supposed to use the same eyeshadow color as our eyes but I think green shadow can still looks pretty on green eyes. Do give it a go, I’m sure you’ll love it ;)

Happy belated New Year! I hope you had a good one. :) You rocked the gold and green. I think anything will look good with your beautiful colored eyes.

Another beautiful eye make up look by you! Thanks so much, hon!!! And don’t worry, the liner is perfect. I’m really impressed by the fact that the L’Oréal Telescopic Explosion mascara flatters your lashes. I’ve thrown it straightly into the trash can after having tested it. Is there any mascara you really hate? ;-)
    .-= Mylanqolia´s last blog ..Giveaway oder Klappe, die zweite =-.

6. beautifulwithbrains says

Mylanqolia, thanks hun, I’m glad you like it. And I haven’t forgotten about your request. I just went to crop the pix earlier but I didn’t like how they turned out so I’m doing the look again tomorrow. It’ll probably be the next look I’ll post ;)

Actually I’m hating the Telescopic Explosion mascara lol, it’s so clumpy! The first time I used it, it glued all my lashes together and I looked like I had only one huge eyelash! I was tempted to throw it away too but since I’ve paid a fortune for it (it cost me €16.99 which is a fortune for a drugstore mascara esp one that performs this bad), I stubbornly decided to find a way to make it work. I find that if I wipe the wand with a tissue, the clumps are reduced to a minimal and the mascara will look nice, but very natural. That’s why most of the time I use another mascara with it. But I can’t wait for it to run out and I’ll never repurchase it again.

Oh, I can’t wait to see it, sweetie! And don’t worry, I can wait. Well, it’s fascinating that you made this crap mascara work for your lashes. I’ve experimented with it but I caouldn’t find any opportunity to handle it. I think the main reason lies in the lousy texture. It’s no wonder that L’Oreal chose red for the packaging. It’s a warning colour (remember the warning signals, labels, and signs). So don’t touch it! Danger! ;-)
    .-= Mylanqolia´s last blog ..The Sleek Review is online =-.

8. beautifulwithbrains says

Mylanqolia, I’ve finally edited the pix so I will post it early next week. I’m kinda nervous lol and I hope you’ll like it. :)

It was Anastasia (from Lipsticks & Lightsabers) that suggested to me to use another mascara with it and I’m pleased with the results. Although I’d have preferred if I didn’t have to wipe the wand every single time but if I don’t it’ll clump like crazy even if I use another mascara with it. Thank goodness that’s almost run out now and I’ll never have to use it again lol.

I agree with you, the texture is crap but I love the wand, it’s great at separating lashes and I’m actually plan to cut it, wash it and use it with other mascaras. You’re right about the red color, we should have imagined it would have worked so bad lol. That’ll teach us next time lol ;)

Oh, c’mon, you don’t have to be nervous. I’m thankful for every inspiration I can get. To be honest, I’ve reached my personal low point with regard to make up. I only use an eyeliner and mascara. What has happened to me? Am I sick? No, just sleepy in the early mornings. :-) By the way, I joined the UK based swapper forum approx. 3 days ago. Well, I added my request with reference to Primark but there isn’t any respond until now. Besides, I’m to shy to ask fab Anastasia (I loved her rant on the MAC pigment jars) if she could send me the wanted items. Well, I don’t know if she considers me to be a reliable person… Ah well, it’s not that easy…
    About the mascara: Thanks to Ana that she gave you useful advice. Be happy that you have her as a beauty counsellor. :-) Anyways, it’d be great if some brands would sell single wands with a universal locking system instead of the whole package. Just a mad idea… :-) X
    .-= Mylanqolia´s last blog ..Fake eyelid tattoo: Dragonfly =-.

10. beautifulwithbrains says

Mylanqolia, I know but I’m always nervous when I post any look, I can’t help it lol. The look will be up later today but I’m not happy with how the pix turned out. I hate taking pix in winter, I have to use indoor lighting and the photos come out really bad. I didn’t wanna make you wait longer, so I’m posting it anyway and do another look on a day when the sun’s shining :)

And I feel you! During the past month it was so cold that I stayed in bed more then usual and then I ended up wearing only minimal makeup. I’m glad to be back to my old colorful looks now and I hope I can help you get some inspiration. Your looks always inspire me a lot and I wish I could draw with makeup like you do :)

Aww that’s a shame no one has replied to your request yet, hopefully they’ll do soon. Maybe if you can find someone on the board who’s lemming any German makeup, you can ask them instead? Don’t be afraid to ask. You won’t get anything if you don’t ask. ;) I wish I could help you, but we don’t have Primark here. They should launch an ecommerce website too.

I think that’d be great too. Sometimes I don’t buy mascaras cos I hate the wands (when they’re huge and you make a mess trying to reach the small lashes) and sometimes the formula’s crap so I’d love if they would sell the wands separately.