yesterday I blogged about my favourite products of 2009. But not all products are good or work for everyone so it’s now time to share with you the worst products I tried this year. Some of you may not agree with me so feel free to share your opinion of these products, but for me the items listed below in no particular order were a huge disappointment:
1. Nivea Soft Moisturizing Cream: this is the worst moisturizer I’ve tried so far. It makes skin very soft and gives it a refreshing feeling, but it does nothing at all for my oily t-zone. That’s as shiny as ever when I use this cream. And the formula is not great either: it contains comedogenic ingredients which can cause breakouts and Alcohol Denat which can dry skin and cause free radical damage.
2. Jesse’s Girl Eye Dust: these pigments are loved by many but sadly, I’m not one of those. I find their pigmentation to be very poor. Of course the color payoff is decent if you apply a primer first and gets better if you use them wet, but personally if an eyeshadow doesn’t show up at all on bare skin (and keep in mind that mine is very pale), it’s just not worth the money for me . I always use a primer but a good pigment/shadow should have decent pigmentation even without in my opinion.
3. Deborah 24 Ore (Hours) Pencil Eyeliner: it is supposed to be longlasting, but instead it starts fading after a few hours, doesn’t even last 5 minutes on the waterline and it’s not pigmented at all. Even after 4 or 5 layers I still can’t get decent color payoff. Total waste of money.
4. Pupa Blush Brush: I usually love Pupa products but their brushes are a huge disappointment. The bristles aren’t very soft so they scratch my skin (ouch!) and they don’t reshape perfectly after washing. But at least, they don’t shed.
5. Blistex Lip Infusion Lip Balm: this is a liquid lip balm with a metal ball applicator that gives lips a refreshing feeling but unfortunately it doesn’t moisturize lips. At all. It lasts 15 minutes on the lips, then you need to reapply. And it tastes disgusting too.
6. Helena Rubinstein Collagenist Eye Zoom with pro-Xfill Eye Cream: I wasn’t sure whether to include this product in the list cos it isn’t bad, just average. But in the end, it is its hefty price tag that secured it a place here. This is a very basic cream that only moisturizes the eye area. Nothing else. And for €59,01 I expect more. Usually I’d recommend it to young girls that don’t have wrinkles or major problems in the eye area but I doubt they could afford it. And why waste so much money on this when any eye cream out there moisturizes the eye area too, anyway?
7. Neutro Roberts Intensive Beauty Balsamo Corpo Sotto La Doccia: this is a moisturizer that can be applied in the shower and is supposed to save you time in the morning but for me it didn’t work. It moisturizes skin, but only slightly and the effects don’t last long. I still need to apply another moisturizer afterwards, which makes this product completely useless.
What were the worst products of 2009 for you?
Disclosure: all the products in this post, apart from the Neutro Roberts one which could be requested on their website when it was launched, were purchased by me and reflect my personal and honest opinion with them. For more information, please see my disclaimer.