Worst of Beauty 2009

worst of beauty 2009 02

Hi guys,

yesterday I blogged about my favourite products of 2009. But not all products are good or work for everyone so it’s now time to share with you the worst products I tried this year. Some of you may not agree with me so feel free to share your opinion of these products, but for me the items listed below in no particular order were a huge disappointment:

worst of beauty 2009

1. Nivea Soft Moisturizing Cream: this is the worst moisturizer I’ve tried so far. It makes skin very soft and gives it a refreshing feeling, but it does nothing at all for my oily t-zone. That’s as shiny as ever when I use this cream. And the formula is not great either:  it contains comedogenic ingredients which can cause breakouts and Alcohol Denat which can dry skin and cause free radical damage.

2. Jesse’s Girl Eye Dust: these pigments are loved by many but sadly, I’m not one of those. I find their pigmentation to be very poor. Of course the color payoff is decent if you apply a primer first and gets better if you use them wet, but personally if an eyeshadow doesn’t show up at all on bare skin (and keep in mind that mine is very pale), it’s just not worth the money for me . I always use a primer but a good pigment/shadow should have decent pigmentation even without in my opinion.

3. Deborah 24 Ore (Hours) Pencil Eyeliner: it is supposed to be longlasting, but instead it starts fading after a few hours, doesn’t even last 5 minutes on the waterline and it’s not pigmented at all. Even after 4 or 5 layers I still can’t get decent color payoff. Total waste of money.

4. Pupa Blush Brush: I usually love Pupa products but their brushes are a huge disappointment. The bristles aren’t very soft so they scratch my skin (ouch!) and they don’t reshape perfectly after washing. But at least, they don’t shed.

5. Blistex Lip Infusion Lip Balm: this is a liquid lip balm with a metal ball applicator that gives lips a refreshing feeling but unfortunately it doesn’t moisturize lips. At all. It lasts 15 minutes on the lips, then you need to reapply. And it tastes disgusting too.

6. Helena Rubinstein Collagenist Eye Zoom with pro-Xfill Eye Cream: I wasn’t sure whether to include this product in the list cos it isn’t bad, just average. But in the end, it is its hefty price tag that secured it a place here. This is a very basic cream that only moisturizes the eye area. Nothing else. And for €59,01 I expect more. Usually I’d recommend it to young girls that don’t have wrinkles or major problems in the eye area but I doubt they could afford it. And why waste so much money on this when any eye cream out there moisturizes the eye area too, anyway?

7. Neutro Roberts Intensive Beauty Balsamo Corpo Sotto La Doccia: this is a moisturizer that can be applied in the shower and is supposed to save you time in the morning but for me it didn’t work. It moisturizes skin, but only slightly and the effects don’t last long. I still need to apply another moisturizer afterwards, which makes this product completely useless.

What were the worst products of 2009 for you?

Disclosure: all the products in this post, apart from the Neutro Roberts one which could be requested on their website when it was launched, were purchased by me and reflect my personal and honest opinion with them. For more information, please see my disclaimer.

Source

Comments

1. beautifulwithbrains says

prettybeautiful, ta, I’m glad you enjoyed it. Awww that’s a shame! And it’s so expensive too, hope you didn’t pay too much for it :(

2. beautifulwithbrains says

Dao, L’Oreal Telescopic Explosion almost made it into this list! The first time I used it, I really hated it. It clumps like crazy, smudges and doesn’t add much volume. I made it work by wiping the wand with a tissue and using another mascara with it, but alone it is a huge disappointment and I would never repurchase.

You should try the Aquafina Hydrating Lip Balm Gio. I really like it! It does the same thing as Blistex Slik N’ Shine & Complete Moisture, but it also gives you that cooling menthol feeling like Carmex, but without the dryness, lol.

Oh, I was about to try that Nivea creme, but I opted for the one in the blue tin. Have you tried that one yet dear? Supossedly its supposed to be similar to Creme de la Mer, but I don’t have that, so I can’t compare, haha. I do like how hydrating it is, but I don’t use it all over my face, just my dry spots. (:
    .-= Dee´s last blog ..What’s In My (Travel) Makeup Bag (: =-.

4. beautifulwithbrains says

Dee, the Aquafina lip balm sounds really good. I’ll see if I can find it around here, thanks for the recommendation. :)

I wouldn’t recommend the Nivea Soft Moisturizing Cream to anyone. Even if it makes skin soft and moisturized the ingredients in it do more harm than good to the skin. I haven’t tried the blue cream yet. I’ve just got a couple of samples of that cream (they came with a magazine), but I’m still testing another moisturizer by Estee Lauder (another sample and it’s just average so far) at the moment, so the Nivea one will have to wait. I’m glad it works well for you :)

I enjoyed both your best and worst of beauty for 2009! I thought the tree pic look really pretty… didcha design that yourself? :D

My worst product for this year has gotta be the Mandom Deep Sea Current facial wash… thats one DRYING facial foam meant for dry skins!! :S :S
    .-= Jenn´s last blog ..Product Review: RMK Cleansing Oil =-.

6. beautifulwithbrains says

Jenn, I’m glad you enjoyed these roundups :) I love that pic too, it’s beautiful and very fitting for this type of posts. I would love to be able to design such beautiful vectors but unfortunately I can’t. I got it from http://garcya.us/blog/ and just add the writing lol. :)