QOTW: Do you buy beauty products on Ebay?

buy on ebay

Do you buy beauty products on ebay?

Beautiful with Brains says: I do. I prefer to buy in stores when possible but some products aren’t available locally or just insanely expensive so ebay is my only option. I always check feedback and sometimes I ask for additional photos and info to make sure the items I’m interested in are genuine though.

Source

Comments

I do, but I also prefer buying it in store. I wouldn’t buy mac on ebay though, unless i’ve heard very good things from the seller.
    Sometimes there are things on ebay that you can’t buy anywhere else or in store!

I like to dig out some LE products over eBay (I have bought 2 Anna Sui powder cases over there when it’s discontinued for a while ) or just hang around over there when I have time looking for deals but I rarly buy something over ebay that’s over 20 bucks (the amount that I think it’s OK to lose) because I have a friend who got a fake dior handbag over there…(Not that I would ever be interested in Dior bag anyway.)
    .-= Citrine´s last blog ..Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick, Nail Polish and Neutrogena Lip Gloss, Blush Bronzer Duo =-.

Yes, I do shop on Ebay, but its only for asian cosmetics like certain Japanese and especially Korean brands since its hard to find an online shop. I do shop NYX on ebay too under only one seller, since she has 100% positive feedback and everything is genuine – plus you get some really good deals and shipping is uber cheap and fast! I was going to purchase sleek on ebay, but some are super overpriced, haha.
    .-= Dee´s last blog ..Etude Cute & Sexy Eyes in Coffee Khaki =-.

4. beautifulwithbrains says

Celeste, I agree. Some brands, like MAC, are so faked and I wouldn’t really trust buying them on ebay, unless you’re absolutely sure the seller is selling the real thing or you know the products so well you can easily distinguish a genuine item from a fake one.

5. beautifulwithbrains says

Citrine, I’m sorry about your friend, that’s awful! I love ebay, you can get some great deals there, but it’s so full of fakes, it’s easy to be conned. I only buy things on ebay if they’re cheap too. Even if the item is genuine, things can still get lost in the post or something.

6. beautifulwithbrains says

Dee, I think for certain brands (not available locally or online), getting them on ebay is the only option. I agree about Sleek. I was looking for some limited edition palettes but the prices are insane! I understand the seller needs to make a profit but some of the prices are way too high! Sleek should just get a move on and launch their ecommerce website. People have been waiting for too long now.

7. beautifulwithbrains says

Jenn, sometimes ebay is the only place to get LE MAC items. There are a lot of fakes, but someone that knows the brand as well as you do, shouldn’t have problems with that :)

Well yeah, I did bought a several La Prairie creams. At first I received them as a present (also bought from Ebay) and second time I bought them myself. They were much more cheaper than in shop and they were also original, sealed so everything was ok. I have a friend that buys makeup palettes from Ebay all the time :). She goes to shop test them and after comes home and purchase them from Ebay :)
    .-= Tavia´s last blog ..NEW: MAC Spring Colour Forecast 1 + Products’ Photos =-.

9. beautifulwithbrains says

Tavia, that’s a great deal! I never thought of purchasing La Praire products on ebay as certain deals seemed too good to be true. But it’s good to know you can find original products in great condition too, I’ll have a look for those. I’m curious to try La Praire but can’t afford the hefty price tag!

And lol at your friend. I bet she saves a lot of money that way. :)