QOTW: What was the last beauty product you purchased but didn’t like?

qotw lppnl

What was the last product you purchased but didn’t like?

Beautiful With Brains says: Deborah 24 Ore (Hours) pencil liner. I bought it after hearing all the raves about how long-lasting this is even on the waterline and guess what? It disappears after only 5 minutes from my waterline and starts fading soon on my lids as well. Oh, and it’s not pigmented. At all.

Source

Comments

I would have to say maybe my banila co de la couture palette? At first it was nice and the colors showed up nicely, but now I can’t seem to get the colors to show how I want. Somehow the shimmers stand out out more. Plus, it doesn’t help when I use UDPP since it alters the colors of the shadows too. Maybe I need to find a different primer/base and see how it goes.
    .-= Dee´s last blog ..DIY Beauty: Uses of Aspirin =-.

2. beautifulwithbrains says

Dee, I’ve never heard of that brand before. That’s weird, I’m sorry you are having problems with it. I think trying another base is a good idea but I’m not sure which one to suggest cos I usually use UDPP and it doesn’t alter the colors for me at all. Well, it makes them a bit brighter, but that’s it, it doesn’t change them. Hope you find a way to make it work :)

Maybelline’s 24hr Superstay Foundation. I read a glowing review and had high hopes but the palest shade was way too yellow :( I guess I should have expected – I *always* have that problem with drugstore foundations!

4. beautifulwithbrains says

Dao, I’ve been disappointed by a lot of mascaras too. It’s not that they are bad products, but it’s so hard to find a mascara that lenghtens, curls and gives volume without smudging! I have yet to find a mascara that does all these things without breaking the bank.

5. beautifulwithbrains says

Rebecca, that always happens to me with Maybelline and other drugstore foundations. They are all too dark and yellow and make me look orange! They should release more shades for pale-skinned girls and soon!

6. beautifulwithbrains says

fabulessbeauty, I’m sorry they didn’t work for you but thanks for letting us know. It just goes to show that expensive products aren’t always the best.

Errr…that’s a hard one…;) Really can’t think of any at the moment.

OK, I think it’s the Loreal Revitalift Neck contour cream…..it broke me out along my lower jawline…somehow I just couldn’t bring myself to use it, and now the hardly-used bottle is lying somewhere in my stash!
    .-= Vonvon´s last blog ..Last 2 Days For Vonvon’s Christmas Giveaway! =-.

8. beautifulwithbrains says

That’s a shame, I’m sorry it broke you out. :( Maybe you can give it to a friend that has a different skin type? Although, it will probably be best to warn them that it caused you a breakout, you never know.