QOTW: What’s the worst moisturizer?

qotw worst moisturizer

What’s the worst moisturizer?

Beautiful With Brains says: the worst moisturizer I have ever tried was Nivea Soft Moisturizing Cream. It made my skin very soft, but also left a greasy residue and didn’t do anything for my oily patches at all. I’m not too keen on the formula either as it contains comedogenic and drying ingredients.

Comments

1. beautifulwithbrains says

Nikki, I’ve heard a lot of people say that cream made them break out. It’s weird cos usually Olay makes some really good moisturizers, but they must have got it really wrong this time.

2. beautifulwithbrains says

Connie, that’s too bad. I’ve tried that product and personally, I find it average. It’s not bad but it didn’t do much for me. I’m sorry it caused you such a bad reaction.

Hmmm… i haven’t got any really bad reaction from any moisturizers i’ve used to far, so fingers crossed. But yeah, like Connie, the Biotherm Aquasource moisturizer didn’t work for me… it started giving me pimples after awhile which is a huge bummer, as it worked wonderfully for me at the beginning!!
    .-= Jenn´s last blog ..Product Review: Pantene Hair Fall Control Shampoo =-.

4. beautifulwithbrains says

Jenn, aww that’s too bad. I hate it when products stop working and make you breakout instead. But I’m glad you didn’t have any bad reactions to anything and I hope you never will. :)

We’re in the same boat! I don’t like Nivea Soft. At first, I was fascinated by this product. It gave me super soft face skin, so I didn’t care about the greasy & oily feel it left behind. But then my skin started to be red in cheek area… I never had that problem before. The only thing to be blamed is Nivea Soft-thanks to its alcohol! *I couldn’t see the ingredients list since it’s covered with barcode in my country. I know it contains alcohol from your site* So I ditch it away and back to nothing… -_-

Ashara, that’s too bad they hide the ingredient list behind the bar code in your country. Alcohol is a very irritating ingredient and people deserve to know when it’s included in a product. I’m sorry it irritated your skin.