QOTW: Do you wear makeup when you’re not feeling well?

sick girl

Do you wear makeup when you’re not feeling well?

Beautiful with Brains says: no, I don’t. It doesn’t matter if I feel so bad that I need to stay in bed or I simply have a cold, I just can’t be bothered to put on makeup if I’m not feeling well. If I really have to go out, I may apply some foundation, but that’s it.

Comments

hmm…it’s hard to say – on one hand, I have to put on a bit (otherwise I’ll look like walking death), but the sick me doesn’t want to be bothered about applying foundation or other makeup just to have it wiped off/smudged with tissues when I blow my nose or wipe my eyes…!!
    .-= beetrice´s last blog ..Loving it when luck steps in… =-.

2. beautifulwithbrains says

Nikki, oh I forgot about lip balm. You’re right, it’s necessary esp if your lips are dry and chapped ;)

3. beautifulwithbrains says

Dao, I play with makeup too when I’m upset and it always makes me feel better. Glad it’s the same for you. :)

4. beautifulwithbrains says

Beetrice, I feel your pain. I think in these situations, less is always more. Maybe use primers or waterproof makeup to make everything last so that you don’t have to worry about it fading.

5. beautifulwithbrains says

Vonvon, me too. I really can’t be bothered to put it on (and then take it off) when I’m not feeling well.

6. beautifulwithbrains says

Tavia, I can’t be bothered to wear makeup when I’m ill, it’s the last thing I wanna do. But if I’m in a bad mood, palying with makeup cheers me up :)

I always use some, especially when I am feeling tired and … UGLY. Like today. I have to admit it did not mek it much better, I might even look worse!
    When I am ill and have to rest at home I certainly do not make-up. Sometimes it is nice to play and it cheers one up, and sometimes it is nice to play and order online something more ;-) that cheers one also up!
    .-= Andreea´s last blog ..FETTE Totes Meer Salz =-.

8. beautifulwithbrains says

Hi Andreea. I think applying makeup when you’re ill or very tired is tricky. It can either make you look decent or worse. And I agree, shopping on line is a great pick me up ;)