Hello ladies (and men too),
do you clean your hair brushes regularly? I try and clean mine about every 10 days but I admit I forget sometimes. Which is very bad of me cos hair brushes collect dirt, product build up and gunk and will transfer all that back to your freshly-washed hair if you don’t clean them properly.
And that’s the last thing we all want right? But if that thought alone isn’t off-putting enough for you, there is another reason why you should wash your brushes often. A good hair brush will last for years if you take proper care of it and you won’t have to rush out and buy a new one every time it gets too dirty.
Here’s how I clean my hair brushes:
1. With the help of a wide-toothed comb, I remove all strands of hair and other visible gunk from the hair brush. I always make sure to do this holding the brush over a trash can to avoid making a mess on the floor or sink.
2. Then, I put some water in a bowl (but you can fill up your sink if you prefer) and add a couple of drops of a gentle shampoo or dish soap, depending on what I have at hand. They both work fine. Now, I soak the bristles of the brush in the water for a few minutes to loosen up the dirt still on it.
3. Using a comb, I go through the brush bristles again to scrub away any remaining gunk and dirt. Once, the brush is completely clean, I rinse it off with lukewarm water. Then, I tap off any excess water and let it air-dry.
– Some brushes come with cleaning instructions, so make sure you follow them properly.
– Do not soak wooden brushes in water. That’s because water can be absorbed by the wood and ruin the brush.
How do you clean your hair brushes? And how often?