Hello everyone and Happy Thanksgiving,
what do you think of smokey eyes? I love the look but the black classic version can look too harsh on my pale skin. So I’ve been experimenting with it and I find that using a black base on the lid with greys on top suits my skintone better.
I’m pleased with how the look turned out. It’s still dramatic and sultry but it doesn’t make me look like I’ve been punched in the eye. Here are the pix:
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Collistar Eyeshadow Luminous Powder in Glitter Black
- Get in Line Palette (pale beige)
- Sleek Curious palette (light grey)
- Fior di Magnolia Light Blue Set eyeshadow quad (dark grey)
- Sephora eyeshadow in Aspen Summit
- Pupa pencil eyeliner
- L’Oreal Telescopic Explosion mascara
- Max Factor Masterpiece Max mascara
- Apply UDPP all over lid as a base.
- Apply a black eyeshadow, preferably a cream one, (I used Collistar Eyeshadow Luminous Powder in Glitter black) on the lid and crease. This will create a base and make the color applied on top really pop.
- Swipe a pale beige/champagne shade (I used the one in the Get in Line palette) on the inner corner to open up the eye.
- Apply a light grey (I used the one in the Sleek Curious palette) on the lid and, using MAC 219 pencil brush, on the lower lashline.
- Darken the outer corner with a dark grey (I used the one in Fior di Magnolia Light Blue Set eyeshadow quad) and bring it down to the outer lower lashline. Blend.
- Highlight the browbone with a white shade (I used Sephora eyeshadow in Aspen Summit).
- Apply black liner (I used Pupa pencil liner) on the upper lid and smudge it a bit.
- Finish off with mascara.
What do you think of the look? And what are your plans for today?