QOTW: What eyeshadow color won’t you wear?

qotw shadow color no wear

What eyeshadow color won’t you wear?

Beautiful with brains says: I tend to stay away from very dark blacks cos I have very pale skin and they look weird on me. But apart from that, there isn’t a color that I won’t wear. I think any color can work for any skintone. It’s just that sometimes it can take creativity and time to play around with some¬† shades and figure out how to make them look good.

Comments

1. Jasmine says

Actually, I don’t wear eyeshadow at all. I have pretty bad eye circles, so darker colours either resemble them too much or negate the concealer… I’m also not adventurous with colour either. I’m a skincare kind of gal! :)

2. beautifulwithbrains says

Anon, you should give it a try! I only started wearing yellow (and orange and red as well) shadows in the past couple of years. I was too scared to try them cos I didn’t know how to use them but they actually looks quite good. I like to pair yellow with red and orange or with purple. You can choose some soft shades if you don’t want anything too bright, but I really think you should give it a go, you may be positively surprised. :)

3. beautifulwithbrains says

Dao, purple is one of my fave eyeshadow colors but some shades can make you look like you have just been punched in the eye. I use those very sparingly. As for black, I agree. Good blending is essential or it doesn’t look good. I use just a dab of black quite often to darken the outer corner but if I do a smokey eye or something like that, the black has to be soft and well-blended or it just looks really horrible on me.

4. beautifulwithbrains says

Jasmine, I have very bad dark circles too so I can sympathize with you. I cover them with a salmon concealer, although finding one that conceals them completely is not easy! But I find that shimmery cool tones of pink, purple and bronze help to draw attention away from them. And good for you to be a skincare gal, taking good and proper care of our skin is so important. :)

Ciao Gio! I’d say yellow, but only if it’s really bright and used on its own, otherwise I have no problems with it! I like colour in general, I’m not one of those people who just wear black, so the same thing applies to eyeshadows! Now, lipstick, that’s another matter…xx
    .-= Anna´s last blog ..A couple of outs… =-.

I absolutely stay away from blue and certain pinks – I just can’t get them to work for me yet. I agree with you on the ultra dark black. I’m not super pale, but it looks weird on me as well, lol. I love your eyes when you wear browns, purples and golds Gio!
    .-= Dee´s last blog ..S’pore Is Where To Be =-.

7. beautifulwithbrains says

Nikki, red and oranges can be hard shades to wear everyday, I agree, but I still wear them out lol, they are so beautiful!

8. beautifulwithbrains says

Anna, I love color too, the brighter the better. I love yellow shades but used alone they can be hard to wear, I agree :)

9. beautifulwithbrains says

Dee, that’s a shame you can’t use blues, they’re beautiful. Usually when a certain shade doesn’t look too well on me I try to incorporate it in my look without making it the primary focus. For instance, I use just a hint of color on my inner lid or use it to darken the crease very sparingly. Hope this helps and thanks :)

10. beautifulwithbrains says

Anastacia, lol. You should get it! I love your looks, they are always so beautiful and creative. I can’t wait to see what you’re gonna with red shadow. :)

11. beautifulwithbrains says

Ahleessa, that’s a hard color to wear. It goes very well with orange, red or green but I understand that such bright looks may not be everyone’s cup of tea :)