QOTW: What eyeshadow color won’t you wear?

qotw shadow color no wear

What eyeshadow color won’t you wear?

Beautiful with brains says: I tend to stay away from very dark blacks cos I have very pale skin and they look weird on me. But apart from that, there isn’t a color that I won’t wear. I think any color can work for any skintone. It’s just that sometimes it can take creativity and time to play around with some  shades and figure out how to make them look good.

Comments

1. Jasmine says

Actually, I don’t wear eyeshadow at all. I have pretty bad eye circles, so darker colours either resemble them too much or negate the concealer… I’m also not adventurous with colour either. I’m a skincare kind of gal! :)

2. beautifulwithbrains says

Anon, you should give it a try! I only started wearing yellow (and orange and red as well) shadows in the past couple of years. I was too scared to try them cos I didn’t know how to use them but they actually looks quite good. I like to pair yellow with red and orange or with purple. You can choose some soft shades if you don’t want anything too bright, but I really think you should give it a go, you may be positively surprised. :)

3. beautifulwithbrains says

Dao, purple is one of my fave eyeshadow colors but some shades can make you look like you have just been punched in the eye. I use those very sparingly. As for black, I agree. Good blending is essential or it doesn’t look good. I use just a dab of black quite often to darken the outer corner but if I do a smokey eye or something like that, the black has to be soft and well-blended or it just looks really horrible on me.

4. beautifulwithbrains says

Jasmine, I have very bad dark circles too so I can sympathize with you. I cover them with a salmon concealer, although finding one that conceals them completely is not easy! But I find that shimmery cool tones of pink, purple and bronze help to draw attention away from them. And good for you to be a skincare gal, taking good and proper care of our skin is so important. :)

Ciao Gio! I’d say yellow, but only if it’s really bright and used on its own, otherwise I have no problems with it! I like colour in general, I’m not one of those people who just wear black, so the same thing applies to eyeshadows! Now, lipstick, that’s another matter…xx
    .-= Anna´s last blog ..A couple of outs… =-.

I absolutely stay away from blue and certain pinks – I just can’t get them to work for me yet. I agree with you on the ultra dark black. I’m not super pale, but it looks weird on me as well, lol. I love your eyes when you wear browns, purples and golds Gio!
    .-= Dee´s last blog ..S’pore Is Where To Be =-.

7. beautifulwithbrains says

Nikki, red and oranges can be hard shades to wear everyday, I agree, but I still wear them out lol, they are so beautiful!

8. beautifulwithbrains says

Anna, I love color too, the brighter the better. I love yellow shades but used alone they can be hard to wear, I agree :)

9. beautifulwithbrains says

Dee, that’s a shame you can’t use blues, they’re beautiful. Usually when a certain shade doesn’t look too well on me I try to incorporate it in my look without making it the primary focus. For instance, I use just a hint of color on my inner lid or use it to darken the crease very sparingly. Hope this helps and thanks :)

10. beautifulwithbrains says

Anastacia, lol. You should get it! I love your looks, they are always so beautiful and creative. I can’t wait to see what you’re gonna with red shadow. :)

11. beautifulwithbrains says

Ahleessa, that’s a hard color to wear. It goes very well with orange, red or green but I understand that such bright looks may not be everyone’s cup of tea :)