QOTW: Do you wear false eyelashes?

qotw false lashes

Do you wear false lashes?

Beautiful With Brains says: I do but only on special occasions. They are too time-consuming to wear daily!

Comments

1. beautifulwithbrains says

Nikki, me too. I think they are perfect for special occasions but not very practical for everyday wear.

2. beautifulwithbrains says

Anna, I know what you mean, they can be an hassle and quite hard to apply, especially at first. They take a bit of practice but the results are good. Let me know how it goes if you try them.

I don’t wear false eye lashes, unless someone helps me to put them on.

A little off topic, saw your tweet on your dreaming of Sleek palette…so, people do dream of makeup, just like I did with the MAC Magic, Mirth and Mischief….;)

4. beautifulwithbrains says

Vonvon, yes, I dreamt that I was at a Sleek counter with my sister playing with all their makeup. It was so much fun! I think when you dream of makeup you are officially a beauty addict eheh

5. beautifulwithbrains says

Ahleessa: I’m lazy when it comes to falsies too, hence why I only wear them on special occasions :) I agree about the blue lashes, they’re really cool.

6. beautifulwithbrains says

Connie, I agree. Some lashes can be worn everyday, but personally I can’t be bothered too, I’m too lazy lol.

7. beautifulwithbrains says

Tavia, applying false lashes correctly takes practice. I recommend buying some very cheap ones (so that you won’t waste a lot of money on something that you’re not gonna wear outside your house) and practice when you don’t have to go out. There are lots of tutorials both on youtube or on blogs (I wrote one too here http://beautifulwithbrains.com/2008/07/31/how-to-apply-false-eyelashes/) that you can follow. Of course, if you find someone who ha practice with them that will be more helpful. Hope this helped a bit :)

Ana, you’re a pro then! Removing falsies is certainly easier, it’s the application that can be a problem, especially at first! But they can be a great alternative to mascara if you’re quick ti apply them. :)

• says

Either that, or I’m an amateur at applying mascara :D .

The thing is I just take my sweet time when applying mascara, trying to get it as near perfection as possible, while with falsies it’s 10 seconds for applying the glue, 1 minute for something else, 15 seconds for application, so I don’t view it as a minute and a half per eye, more as 25 secs per eye.
        Ana´s last blog post ..fallenangel4:

Miniature Manuscript of the Quran and Pendant…My Profile

Ana, wow, you’re really quick! It takes me a lot more than 25 seconds or so to apply false lashes lol.

I think in the end it comes down to practice. I use mascara every day and false lashes only once in a while, so I’m quicker at applying the former. Although with some mascaras it can take a while to apply them properly, but these end up in the bin pretty soon lol.