my blogger friend Dee mentioned that she wanted to see me do a look with red eyeshadow. I had done a look with it a few weeks ago when the weather was still hot and sunny (it’s freezing co here now brrr) and I finally got round to cropping the pix.
For the look I used the Tangerine pigment from Beauty From The Earth that my friend Ana sent me (thanks hun, I love it!) and Barry M Dazzle Dust in Cherry red, a beautiful and very bright red. I wanted to add a touch of green so I lined my eyes with a kiwi liner from Prestige. Here’s the finished look:
– Urban Decay Primer Potion
– Beauty From The Earth Tangerine pigment
– Barry M Dazzle Dust #77 orange
– Barry M Dazzle Dust #84 cherry red
– Sleek Original palette (yellow)
– Prestige Eyeliner pencil in Kiwi
– mascara (can’t remember which one I used, sorry!)
– Apply Urban Decay Primer Potion all over lid as a base.
– Apply an orange shade (I used Beauty From The Earth Tangerine pigment) on the inner lid.
– Swipe a darker shade of orange (I used Barry M dazzle Dust #77 orange) on the outer crease and blend where the colors meet. Apply the same shade on the crease and, using MAC 219 pencil brush, on the lower lashline.
– Apply a bright red shade (I used Barry M Dazzle Dust #84 cherry red) on the outer crease and blend.
– Swipe a pale yellow shade (I used the one in Sleek Original palette) on the browbone to highlight.
– Line your upper lid with a green eyeliner (I used Prestige pencil liner in Kiwi).
– Finish off with mascara.
When I did a review of the Sustainable Youth System a few months ago, Dee also asked me to do a follow up. I know it’s been a few months and I’m sorry it took me so long but I wasn’t sure what else to say cos after using the products for a couple more months I didn’t see any drastic difference.
Please, keep in mind, that I ran out of the oral supplements and I didn’t repurchase them, so this follow-up is only about the serum and cream. Maybe I would have seen a more visible improvement if I had used the supplements as well but overall I still liked the products.
In my first review about them I reported that after a month of use my skin looked brighter, firmer and moisturized. The fine lines around my eyes also looked smaller. And after a few more months, the results are pretty much the same. My skin is still bright, soft and hydrated and fine lines look smaller, but not more than they did after the first month of use.
I’m not disappointed as I honestly didn’t expect them to do anything more. They’re skincare products not miracle workers! And I still stand by my first review. If you’re looking for organic products that hydrate skin, make fine lines look smaller (but not disappear, no topical product can do that!) and can afford them (they are on the expensive side although the cream and serum would last for a long time), these are worth a try unless you have dry skin. The system won’t be moisturizing enough for you.