Looks: Smokey Purple + award

Hello ladies,

today I want to show you a simple, kinda smokey eye look I did using one of my favourite eyeshadow colors: purple. Here it is:

smokey purple 01

smokey purple 02

smokey purple 03

Products used:
– Urban Decay Primer Potion
– Sephora eyeshadow in Aspen Summit
– Sleek Original palette (purple, dark blue and black)
– Sleek Curious palette (lilac and white)
– Pupa black pencil eyeliner
– Wet n Wild Kajal & Eyeliner in white
– L’Oreal Telescopic Explosion mascara
– Max Factor Masterpiece Max mascara

Directions:
– Apply Urban Decay Primer Potion all over lid as a base.
– Apply a white shade (I used Sephora eyeshadow in Aspen Summit) on the inner lid and bring it up towards the browbone. With MAC 219 pencil brush, sweep some more on the inner lower lashline.
– Apply a bright purple (I used the one in Sleek Original palette) on the rest of the lid and crease. Blend where the colors meet. With MAC 219 pencil brush, apply it on the middle lower lashline too and blend.
– Sweep a lilac shade (I used the one in Sleek Curious palette) on the crease upon the purple and blend to soften any harsh lines.
– Apply a dark blue shade (I used the one in Sleek Original palette) on the crease to darken it. With MAC pencil brush, apply it on the outer lower lashline too and blend where the colors meet.
– Using MAC 219 pencil brush, apply a very small amount of black (I used the one in Sleek Original palette) on the outer corner lightly and blend.
– Sweep a white shade (I used the one in Sleek Curious palette) on the browbone to highlight.
– Apply black eyeliner on the lid and white eyeliner on the waterline.
– Finish off with mascara.

I have received another award from the lovely Dee of Hanidee. Thank you so much sweety, I really appreciate it!

I’m supposed to invite you guys to a dinner party and answer some questions about it:

1. What books are on your favorite shelf?
Mmmm… I don’t have a favourite shelf as I categorize my books by genre but some of the books I recently read and liked are The Kite Runner, the Harry Potter Books, some Shakespeare plays and some history books.

2. What DVDs are on your favorite shelf?
I don’t usually buy DVDs so I only have a few: Moulin Rouge, Notting Hill, Othello, the first season of Desperate Housewives and some concerts dvds.

3. What are your two favorite cookbooks?
I don’t read cookbooks, but I should. lol

4. Select 1-3 recipes you will cook for your special guests.
Lasagne (love them!), roast-beef and tiramisu.

5. What will we be drinking that’s available?
Water, coffee and maybe some soft drinks.

I’d like to invite you all to my dinner party, so if you haven’t done this tag and want to, consider yourself tagged! :)

Comments

Hi gio,

It’s been a while since I commented. Just been too busy…..

Purple?? One of my favorites too. But purple smokey…..haven’t really tried….am still not very good at doing smokey eye look yet.

Will try it based on your guide. ;)

P.s. Thanks for the link on your blogroll. Will put you in my blog list too.
    .-= Vonvon´s last blog ..Most Recent Retail Therapies… =-.

2. beautifulwithbrains says

Nikki: thanks, I’m glad you like the look and that you enjoyed the q&A as well, I had fun writing them too :)

prettybeautiful: awww, thank you, you’re so sweet! I used to have problems with applying shadow on the lower lashline too. I would apply too much and make a mess! That changed when I bought MAC 219 pencil brush. Its pointed tip applies colors precisely on that area, but a smudger brush would work just as well too.

3. beautifulwithbrains says

Dao: thanks sweety, I’m glad you like it :)

Renee: thank you! I think I should wear purple more. I don’t know why I don’t, I love the color. I used two mascaras this time, the effect was quite dramatic, just how I like it. :)

Dee: thanks, I’ll try. It’s such a lovely color, I should really use it more often :) The Sleek palettes are amazing and the colors are so pigmented! You should check them out if you have the chance. I know Sleek is working on an ecommerce website and they plan to ship internationally so maybe you’ll be able to get them from there soon :)

4. beautifulwithbrains says

Rebecca: thank you. You should try purple, it compliments green eys very well. I can’t wait to see your purple looks, I’m sure they’ll be beautiful :)

Vonvon: hi, it’s ok, I understand,don’t worry. I’ve been busy too and didn’t have too much time to read other blogs, but I’m getting there! I hope my small guide will help you to create a purple smokey eye, can’t wait to see it! I’m sure you’ll do a great job ;)
    You’re welcome and thanks for adding me to your blogroll too, I appreciate it.

5. beautifulwithbrains says

Jenn: thank you hun. That’s a fantastic book, it made me cry a lot, which doesn’t happen often.

Fabulessbeauty, Ahleessa and Jnie: thanks girls, I’m glad you like it :)

6. Magdalena Bielski says

Hi there,

i have green eyes and have absolutley fallen in love with the purple /pink smokey shimmer eye you have created and i have to have it on me on my wedding day… is it possible to be sent a colour photo of this eye makeup. The pinter would not do it justice and i would ove to be able to demonstrate this look to my make up artist inmy up and coming make up trial on early July.

hope you can help

Thanks!!!

7. beautifulwithbrains says

Magdalena, congrats on getting married! I’m glad that you like the makeup I created and want to wear on your wedding day. I took the piture with my digital camera more than a year ago and so it has long been deleted from it. I don’t know any other way of sending the photo to you other than printing it, sorry. Any ideas?