QOTW: In what order do you apply your makeup?

makeup application order

In what order do you apply your makeup?

Beautiful With Brains says: I do my eyes first, so if there is any fall out (esp since I tend to use pigments a lot) or I make any mistakes, I can easily correct them without ruining my face makeup. Then, I apply concealer where needed and foundation. Next, I apply bronzer, blush and highlighting powder and finish off with lipstick/lipgloss.

Source

Comments

1. 4

says

I do primer, concealer, foundation, set, the eyes, cheeks, and then finish it off with the lips. I noticed if I don’t do powder on my eyes before I do my eyeshadows, it will crease faster even with an eyeshadow primer (UDPP). I guess I have extremely oily eyelids!… lol~ :X
    .-= Ahleessa´s last blog ..No Buy Deal =-.

2. 6

beautifulwithbrains says

Vonvon: I used to do my makeup just like that until I started using pigments, too much fall out!

Dee: I like doing my eyes first too, it easier to correct mistakes that way. :)

Jenn: I forgot to listen sunblock! That always goes first, you’re right! :)

Ahleessa: really? powder never worked well for me but then my lids aren’t that oily. I’m glad it works so well for you :)

Jnie: me too, only I don’t do my brows often. I’m lucky they are pretty nice so I just pluck them whenever I need to.

3. 8

beautifulwithbrains says

Shuu, I think lipbalm is a must too. I always use it under lipgloss/lipsticks, unless they are really moisturizing, which doesn’t happen often.

4. 9

says

Skincare, primer, foundation, concealer, finishing powder, blush, contour, highlight.
    Eyebrow powder, eyelid primer, eyeshadow, eyeshadow, eyeshadow, eyeshadow, lmao, eyeliner, lash primer, mascara.

Exfoliate lips, lip balm, lip primer, lipstick, lipgloss.

And done.

If I need to clean up under my eye I’ll use concealer, touch√© eclat and foundation. I rarely apply eyemake-up first since loose pigments I apply wet, minimising fallout.
    .-= Anastasia´s last blog ..Painting By Pixels – World of Warcraft – Undercity =-.

5. 10

beautifulwithbrains says

wow Ana, that’s a long routine! I see you’re using lots of primers (I only apply UDPP and sometimes a face primer), are they the new ones from Urban Decay? I’m so curious to try them and can’t wait to hear what you think of them! Hope they are as good as UDPP, but I am still a bit skeptical. Well done to them if they are, though.

I agree that using pigments wet reduces fall out a lot, but I’m too lazy to do that all the time. I’m just too used to apply my eye makeup first that even if I use pressed shadows or wet pigments doing my face first feels weird.

6. 14

beautifulwithbrains says

Tine, that’s a nice and simple routine. I guess most people do their makeup like that, but I’d be too scared to ruin my face makeup if I didn’t do my eyes first :)