Your feet work very hard for you. They support your weight and carry you around everywhere. Reward them with some loving tender care: a foot soak, or foot bath, is the perfect way to pamper them. Just use some of the ingredients in your kitchen to prepare one and relax. Your feet will thank you!
Here’s some recipes for you to try:
1. Epsom Salt Foot Soak
- six tablespoons of Epsom Salt
- a few drops of your favourite essential oil
Pour some warm water in a tub large enough for your feet. Add the Epsom salt and essential oil. Soak your feet for about 20 minutes.
2. Softening Foot Soak
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of milk
- just a bit of cinnamon
Mix all the ingredients together in a large tub and soak your feet.
3. Baking powder foot soak
- 1/2 cup of rice
- 3 tablespoons of baking powder
Cook rice in water. Make sure there is enough water left to fill two or three cups.
Add the baking powder to the rice water and let it cool down for a while. (Baking powder has antibacterial properties and prevents excessive perspiration, making it a good remedy for smelly feet).
Soak your feet
- Add some marbles at the bottom of the tub and rub your feet over them while soaking. It’s very soothing!
- For a full pampering experience, add some flower petals to the water.
Do you have give your feet a pampering bath?