here’s a simple, but neon bright look I did last week with my Sleek Acid palette. I loved this look but not many people seemed to: my mum said I looked like I had just been punched in the face, my sister that I resembled a traffic light. My boyfriend simply said that I looked “highlighted”. I’m not sure if that was a weird compliment or a nice way to say he didn’t like it.
Not that I mind, I wear makeup for me, not for anyone else. I know this look probably isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I think bright looks are fun and I don’t feel very comfortable wearing natural looks anyway. They are beautiful, but just aren’t me. Unfortunately the pictures didn’t turn out that good, but anyway, here’s the look:
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Sleek Acid palette (neon pink, purple and white)
- Sleek Original palette (dark green)
- L’Oreal Telescopic Explosion mascara
- Apply Urban Decay Primer Potion all over lid.
- Using E.L.F. eyeshadow brush apply a neon pink shade (I used the one in the Sleek Acid palette) on the lid.
- Using a crease brush, apply a bright purple (I used the one in Sleek Acid palette) on the crease and blend.
- Sweep a white shade on the browbone to highlight.
- Using MAC 219 pencil brush, sweep a dark green (I used the one in the Sleek Original palette) on the lower lashline.
- Finish off with mascara
I thought Acid would be my favourite palette ever, but I love Curious just as much. Thanks to the lovely Anastasia of Lipsticks & Lightsabers for getting the palette for me. She also sent me some pigment samples from Beauty From The Earth, which I love. Wasn’t that sweet?
Curious features greens, blues, purples and some natural shades, all of which have a pearlescent finish and are very pigmented. The swatches don’t do them justice.
Curious is out now in Superdrug stores throughout the UK, but Sleek palettes usually sell out pretty fast so get yours while you can!