Looks: Sleek Acid Pink + Sleek Curious palette

Hello everyone,

here’s a simple, but neon bright look I did last week with my Sleek Acid palette. I loved this look but not many people seemed to: my mum said I looked like I had just been punched in the face, my sister that I resembled a traffic light. My boyfriend simply said that I looked “highlighted”. I’m not sure if that was a weird compliment or a nice way to say he didn’t like it.

Not that I mind, I wear makeup for me, not for anyone else. I know this look probably isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I think bright looks are fun and I don’t feel very comfortable wearing natural looks anyway. They are beautiful, but just aren’t me. Unfortunately the pictures didn’t turn out that good, but anyway, here’s the look:

acid pink 01

acid pink 02

Products used:
– Urban Decay Primer Potion
– Sleek Acid palette (neon pink, purple and white)
– Sleek Original palette (dark green)
– L’Oreal Telescopic Explosion mascara

Directions:
– Apply Urban Decay Primer Potion all over lid.
– Using E.L.F. eyeshadow brush apply a neon pink shade (I used the one in the Sleek Acid palette) on the lid.
– Using a crease brush, apply a bright purple (I used the one in Sleek Acid palette) on the crease and blend.
– Sweep a white shade on the browbone to highlight.
– Using MAC 219 pencil brush, sweep a dark green (I used the one in the Sleek Original palette) on the lower lashline.
– Finish off with mascara

I thought Acid would be my favourite palette ever, but I love Curious just as much. Thanks to the lovely Anastasia of Lipsticks & Lightsabers for getting the palette for me. She also sent me some pigment samples from Beauty From The Earth, which I love. Wasn’t that sweet?

sleek curious 01

Curious features greens, blues, purples and some natural shades, all of which have a pearlescent finish and are very pigmented. The swatches don’t do them justice.

sleek curious 03

sleek curious 02

Curious is out now in Superdrug stores throughout the UK, but Sleek palettes usually sell out pretty fast so get yours while you can!

Comments

I’m so glad you like it! I love it, too.

I love your look, as well, but I think with neon pink you NEED black eyeliner, a really black black eyeliner, in a thin line across the top of the lid and the waterline, too. Pink eyeshadow often clashes against skin and makes people look a bit ill, or against the white of your eyes, the black creates a barrier between that, makes the pink look more vibrant and punk rock.

I can’t remember which colours I sent you, but I hope there were some nice ones. Grape or blueberry maybe? Or rave? One of the greens? I can’t remember.
    .-= Anastasia´s last blog ..Enough About Me =-.

2. beautifulwithbrains says

Jojoba: thank you! I’m glad you like it :)

Dao: thank you! :)

Anastasia: I absolutely love it, Ana, thank you! :)
    I’m glad you like the look and thank you for your suggestion. It probably would have looked better with a black eyeliner, but the blackest one I have is a liquid one and it takes me a while to apply it. My boyfriend (I wore this look out on a date with him) has this annoying habit of picking me up earlier than planned so I have to skip applying liner sometimes cos I hate making people wait. But I’ll make sure I have enough time to apply liner properly next time I wear this color, so it won’t clash that much with my skin, thanks.
    You sent me Blueberry (my favourite, I love blues and this one is gorgeous!) and two of the greens, Envy and Lavish. Also, Chocolate, Tangerine and Lemon. They are all beautiful and so vibrant! The pigmentation is great too! Thanks again for sending them, I’ve been wanting to try them for ages, but I hate buying from outside the UE union due to custom fees. I’ve recently been told that if you don’t spend too much (like about €25/30) you avoid them so I may just try that.

Oh good! Blueberry, Tangerine, Lemon, and Lavish are some of my favourites. Haha, I remembered I wanted you wearing BRIGHT.

I know the customs rule in England is if it’s marked as a gift and below £37 in value, no fees. I’ve never paid fees from BFTE, they always mark it as a gift when I buy.

Lately I’ve been applying Lavish all over my lid and shading it with Green Apple (I wish I’d sent you this) and I love it.

Envy and Lavish are so similar, aren’t they? I like Lavish more, it’s a bit brighter and less yellowy.

You should definitely try applying one wet, they work brilliantly wet.
    .-= Anastasia´s last blog ..And You Thought You Could Stop Spending Money =-.

Oh, but do be careful – BFTE like a lot of mineral makeup companies often just repackaging the huge, much cheaper colours you can get from wholesalers like TBK Trading. A friend recently sent me some TBK trading HUGE samples and so many of them match BFTE colours exactly, I was so mad I’d paid much more for a smaller pot.

So it’s worth double-checking the colours you’re interested in against TBK Trading to make sure it wouldn’t be much better value from them.
    .-= Anastasia´s last blog ..And You Thought You Could Stop Spending Money =-.

5. beautifulwithbrains says

Ana, I’m not sure what Italian laws say about customs fees. But whatever they are customs break them. I’ve had a few packages from outside the UE (mainly wins or presents) and sometimes customs held the packages and charged me €30 (for something I won!), while other times I got them without problems. I’ve been reading people’s experiences on forum and usually, if the packages are small and the value is little they pass unnoticed. But I also heard of people that bought expensive things and got them ok. Apparently it depends on luck. Some packages are checked, others aren’t without any apparent logical criteria. I’ve also been told that customs are suspicious where a packaged is marked as gift. Apparently it needs to be marked as artistic pigments or cosmetics accessories or even toys not to pay fees. I’ll probably put in a small order and see how it goes. If there aren’t any fees I may purchase more next time.

Thanks hun, I love brights, but you know that :) I absolutly love Lavish, it’s a soft shade of green but still very bright! I’ll probably end up getting Green Apple too, I’ve been looking at swatches online and it’s a very nice color. It would go very well with Lavish and Envy. I also like Karma and Coral, but I’ll check TBK Trading too before making any final decision. Thanks for the tip. :) It’s a shame you had to pay more for them, I can understand why you’re mad! But at least now you know and won’t have to pay more again :)

6. beautifulwithbrains says

Mylanqolia, Curious is my fave palette from Sleek, the colors are beautiful! It’s a shame the LE palettes are so hard to find, maybe you can try ebay? They have some rare palettes every now and then but the prices tend to be high. :(

Last I heard, the Sleek online shop is going to be launched in late November or December, so shouldn’t be too long now. And I hope they will carry the new LE palettes as well, it would be too bad if they didn’t.

7. GIOVANNELLA MONCADA says

Hi, where can i buy this palette online?Let me know,please.Write to me to my e mail address .Thanks,