QOTW: Do you wear makeup when you go to the beach?

qotw makeup beach

Do you wear makeup when you go to the beach?

Beautiful With Brains says: I think wearing a full face of makeup is a bit too much for the beach. I very rarely go there but when I do I usually go barefaced, apart from sunscreen and lip balm with SPF of course! But if I decide to wear makeup I keep it to a minimal: concealer when needed, lipgloss and sometimes waterproof mascara.

Source

Comments

1. Joanne says

Yes I do, but also very minimal. Concealer where I need it and a nice pink lipgloss. Maybe a dash of blush and bronzer too so I look healthy and shimmery under the sun :-)

I wear sunscreen for my face, body, and lips. There’s no need to wear makeup to the beach as the water will soon wash it away. Also, people don’t look at you as much as you think :)
    .-= Dao´s last blog ..Sunday Beauty Reads =-.

3. beautifulwithbrains says

Joanne: minimal makeup is best for the beach. It makes you look nice and you don’t have to worry too much about it getting ruined because of heat and water.

Dao: I agree. A full face of makeup at the beach is too much. Just a little is ok and makes you look nice but no point in wearing more, it will probably just get ruined soon.

Anastasia: lol. I don’t like the beach either and, living in a coastal town, when I say that, people look at me like I’m an alien. You’d think I have suddenly turned green or something. I only go a couple of times a year and only when my friends force me to. I don’t think makeup at the beach is necessary, sunscreen is all you really need. But I was curious to know what other people wear when they go.

Fabulessbeauty: me too! Just the essential is always best at the beach imo.

The closest beach from where I live is pretty nasty…so there is no way I am going there in the first place. (And I tan just from walking around, beach tanning is unnecessary for me as well.)

Well, if I go to the pool to swim (I don’t think my figure is worth flaunting anyway)…It seems pretty silly to wear makeup anyway…
    .-= Citrine´s last blog ..La Roche Posay Anthelio 60 and Suncreen Comparison =-.

5. Cyndi says

I rarely go to the beach as well because the nearest one is pretty far from where I stay. I normally just put on sunscreen and go to the beach straight unless my skin is way to fugly to begin with(it sometimes happen when my skin decides to go havoc). I would then put on some mineral foundation and concealer.

6. beautifulwithbrains says

Citrine: it’s a shame the beach isn’t nice where you live. I hate it when people don’t take proper care of it. Beaches here are quite clean but still, I don’t like to go.
    I agree, if you know you’re gonna swim, there is no point in wearing makeup at all.

Cyndi: that’s a pity! I agree with you. Unless skin is behaving really badly sunscreen is all that’s needed.

Nikki: me too! :)