My London Haul + Other Goodies

lo1

lo2

As I promised yesterday, here is my London haul. I bought a lot of products from drugstore brands like Gosh, Sleek and Barry M (I love their dazzle dusts and they’re a steal at £4.50 each). I’ve also finally bought my first mineral makeup foundation. Believe it or not, the mineral makeup craze hasn’t really reached Italy yet. Very few brands sell their mineral lines here and most of them can only be found in a few big cities. Luckily, things seem to be changing and MU is becoming more available everywhere, but it still a very slow process. Anyway, here’s what I bought:

Barry M Dazzle Dust in Aqua
Barry M Dazzle Dust in Lime
Barry M Dazzle Dust in Orange
Barry M Dazzle Dust in Yellow
Barry M Eyeliner pen in Kingfisher Blue
Barry M Glitter Dust in Aqua (I bought this by mistake. My boyfriend kept rushing me and I picked up the wrong pot. Unfortunately, I only realised the mistake when I got back home but, oh well, it’s still a beautiful color)
Benefit Erase Pasta no.1 fair
Bourjois Blush no.34 Rose D’Or
Eyeko Magic Liquid Eyeliner
Eyeko Strawberry Fat Balm
Gosh Effect Powder in Pineapple
Gosh Lipstick in Velvet Touch
Gosh Quattro Eyeshadow in Toucan
MAC Lipglass in Frozen Dream
Sleek Divine Chaos Eyeshadow palette
Sleek Eye Dust in Jet Set
Sleek Glo Face & Body Highlighter in Peach Shimmer
The Little Pink Tin SPF 15
The Body Shop Nature’s Minerals Foundation SPF25 shade 01
The Body Shop Nature’s Minerals Foundation brush

The SA at one of the Superdrugs shops I visited also gave me some samples of Kate Moss Velvet Hour fragrance. Overall, I’m really happy with my haul. I’ve bought most of the stuff I wanted but ecotools brushes. I couldn’t find them anywhere even though I thought I’d read somewhere that they were available in some Superdrugs and Tesco stores but the ones I visited didn’t have them.

ana

Before I left for London, I received a package from Anastasia from Ball Of String. She said there was a 3 for 2 offer on dazzle dusts and offered to buy and ship stuff to me. I also got a Sleek palette, which I was really lemming after reading her raving review about it. Thanks a lot, Ana! Here’s what she sent me:

Barry M Dazzle Dust in Cherry Red
Barry M Dazzle Dust in Grey
Barry M Dazzle Dust in Ice Pink
Barry M Dazzle Dusts in Khaki
Barry M Dazzle Dusts in Pink Shimmer
Barry M Fine Glitter Dust in Black Purple
Sleek Divine Palette The Original

va1

va2

va3

Finally, here are some stuff from my boyfriend:

Paul & Joe Disney Face Color B
Pupa Beauty Bijoux makeup kit

The Pupa palette was a Christmas present. Pupa is one of my fave brands and I’ve been using their palettes since I started wearing makeup in high school. They’re great quality and have the cutest packagings. The Paul & Joe face powder was a present for our 7th anniversary which was yesterday. I really wanted something from their Disney Collection but P&J isn’t available here so when we saw the collection at Harrods, he decided to buy me something from it. Wasn’t that sweet? There was a 50% sale on most P&J items as well as discounts on other brands but unfortunately I didn’t have enough money with me that day, so I couldn’t take advantage of the sales. I’m still kicking myself for it.

Comments

1. beautifulwithbrains says

Sab: you’re right, I can’t wait to use them! That’s why I bought drugstor products, so I could get a lot of them without spending a fortune. Most of the items were under £5!

Jojoba: they’re two of my fave brands as well. I love their products and I can’t wait to try my new goodies!

Dao: I really am, I can’t wait to play with them! They have so many great products in the UK that are really cheap, so I couldn’t resist and bought loads! I don’t think I’ll buy anything else for a while though.

great hauls! i reallly like the pupa palette! I’ve never heard or seen it til you mentioned it here… it’s really cute! I love how everything looks so colorful too.

man I wanna get a hold of those Sleek palettes. They look super pigmented from the swatches i’ve been seeing.

3. beautifulwithbrains says

Anne: Pupa is an Italian brand. It has a young image and their products are very popular among teenagers. I’ve always loved their products, they’re so cute and work really well. And I’m a sucker for bold and bright shades, love them!
    I’ve been wanting to get the Sleek palettes ever since Ana started talking about them. She was very nice to get one for me, maybe you can ask her if she can get them for you as well? The colors are very pigmented and blend easily, I really love these palettes.

Nikki: I love that face powder too. I had been lemming it for ages so I was very happy when I finally got it!

Jnie: thanks, I definitely will :)

Jnie:

4. beautifulwithbrains says

I didn’t realise I had bought so much till I got home, but I couldn’t help it. Most of these things are so inexpensive. And they have so many brands in London then we don’t have here so I decided to stock up.

Wonderful! I’m glad the palette arrived in such good nick, as well. I have so many Dazzle Dusts now that I simply can’t remember which colours I don’t have yet, so I have to make a list of what not to buy when I go looking for them.

Do you like Khaki? It’s really, really beautiful when applied wet as well, just as long as you don’t lose that shimmer. I do like Emerald, too, but Khaki seems like much the more unique shade to me.

How do you like the Chaos palette compared to the Original? I like Original more because the shimmer is easier to blend. I’ve also been using Storm a lot, recently, and my FrontCover palette.

I spy a bottle of Eyeko’s magic liquid liner! I grabbed 2 of those for my January contest coming up, they’re so cheap! For the same product other companies like Urban Decay charge £15 for.

6. beautifulwithbrains says

Eru: those P&J powders are fab! I’ve been using it a lot and I love it! It was hard to choose which one to get but I was afraid the pink one would be too pink for my pale skin. The one I got suits me really well.

Anastasia: I make a list of all the dazzle dusts I have too, they are just so many, it’s impossible to remember them all. I love love love Khaki, so thanks for helping me choose that one. it’s a really gorgeous and unique shades. I’ve had a look at Emerald when I was in Superdrug and it’s a very pretty color, but it looks kida blah when compared to khaki imo.
    It was hard to choose between Chaos and Storm but I don’t have many matte eyeshadows and the colors are so bright I just couldn’t resist. I like original the most too as I prefer shimmery eyeshadows and like you, find them easier to blend. But both palettes are really good, the colors are just soo pigmented and long-lasting!
    I haven’t tried the Eyeko eyeliner yet but it was only £3.99 at Superdrug, that’s a steal!
    And that’s ok about the glitter dust, I actually only noticed the mistake when I wrote tis post and had already played with it lol. The color is absolutely gorgeous and I’m very happy with it. I bought a glitter dust instead of a dazzle dust too in London, I didn’t expect them to be put together. There really isn’t a sign or anything that separates them and the packaging is identical, so it’s easy to get the wrong one by mistake. But as I said, I love the color, so thank you!

7. beautifulwithbrains says

They do look similar. I couldn’t resist getting something from the Disney Collection, everything looked sooo cute!