Snake massage: would you try it?

snake-massage

Ada Barak offers snake massages at her snake spa in Talmei Elazar, in northern Israel. The treatment, which costs about $70, consists of six snakes massaging the client’s aching muscles and joints. Big snakes are used to alleviate deep muscle tensions and small ones are used for light massages. All the snakes used for the treatment are non-venomous.

Barak claims she discovered that snakes are therapeutic after letting people hold them. She said: “Some people said that holding the snakes made them feel better, relaxed”.

Would you try a snake massage? Personally, no way! I’m scared of snakes and I could never relax knowing they are slithering on my back. Just looking at the picture makes me uncomfortable!

Comments

If they are paying ME 70 bucks…

Wait…Nope, what if they just decide to take a bite of my flesh…I don’t care how much they would pay me, NO way in the world I am going to do that…snakes are disgusting…

2. beautifulwithbrains says

Citrine: I’m terrified they would bit me as well, I know they are not venomous but still that wouldn’t be pleasant at all!

Lydia: me too! It’s disgusting..

Sab: It would make me stressed too! How can you relax with snakes slithering on your body?!

Jessica: just looking at the pictur scares me lol

Anastasia: good rule! I can’t believe some people would have snakes crawling on them! And they’re even paying for it?! That’s insane in my opinion.

ehh.. i’ll pass too, don’t think i have the nerve to take the chance.
    have you heard of the fish spa, where you stick your feet in a bucket full of fishes and they nibble at your feet to get rid of the dead skin. i don’t know where they come up with these things, netherless intriguing.

4. beautifulwithbrains says

Digital Angel: you’re very brave, I could never do it! But how can you be sure they don’t bite though? I think they must be trained or something but still I wouldn’t trust it.

jnie: Neither do I lol. yes, I heard about that and I don’t think I’d try that either, it’s so weird! Although I’m curious to see how that would work. I wonder what they will come up with next.

Hahaha, that’s right they can NOT train snakes :P but hmmmm, I don’t know I assume maybe they would get rid of their teeth? I’ve seen that before. or I am thinking to far..I love watching animal planet :D

6. beautifulwithbrains says

Thought they couldn’t train snakes hahaha :) they must be able to control them in some way though or it would be dangerous. Getting rid of their teeth is probably the easiest thing to do, although I think that is cruel.

7. Katherine says

I love snakes they are too awsome! I have three 2 ball pythons and a boa constrictor! I dont understand why people are so quick to judge if some have never given them a chance! They are truly amazing creatures and play a big role in our enviroment! I know everyone has their own opinon and I respect that but dont put down these creatures when you havent given them a chance! Ive learned since ive had them to be more open minded about every animal! They are truley sweet and bond to you and love you just like any other animal can! Im not saying snakes dont have their faults everything in the world a a fault! Humans do some much damage to the world and to other people I don’t see why people put so much inphasis on what damage snakes do! All animals do some damage! You can have your opinon thats fine but why do you haft to leave nasty messages for something that you dont know that much about! It kind of pathetic! Get over your self your not perfect.

8. beautifulwithbrains says

Hello Katherine, no one was saying anything nasty about snakes. It’s just that some people, me included, feel very uneasy around snakes. I’m terrified of them and I know that my fear is irrational, but I just can’t help it! I know snakes aren’t nasty and, like every other animal, have a very important role in our enviroment. You’re right when you say that human beings cause lots of damage to the world, we’re destroying our planet and we should all do our bit to stop that. I don’t have anything against snakes, I just don’t want them crawling on my back, as that would make me very uneasy, that’s all.

9. Katherine says

I understand! I think it is kind of silly people would pay money for it anyway! Snakes can be intimadating to people. I know people can’t help what they are scared of! Im scared of things too. I understand where you are coming from and im sorry its just I know how amazing they truely are and sometimes when I see people write stuff about something I love and care about so much it makes me upset! I should have minded my own buisness and flick it off like I usually do! People have their own opinions and I totally respect that and Im not trying to change their perspective on the matter it just hurt my feelings alittle bit because I care for them so much! I totally understand where you are coming from and im very sorry if I have offended you in and way!

10. beautifulwithbrains says

There is no need to apologise Katherine, you didn’t offend me. I’m sorry if you found the comments upsetting, I can assure that was mine or anyone else’s intention. I get upset too when people say bad things about what I love, that’s just normal. You only reminded everyone that, even though snakes can be very intimaditing and I’m still afraid of them, they are also amazing creatures.

11. Katherine says

Thank you for being so understanding! They where just expressing their self and how they feel and I shouldnt have stuck my nose in! Well thank you very much I really appreciate it!