Ellen DeGeneres is the new face of CoverGirl

Ellen DeGeneres is the new face of Cover Girl. This is her first beauty campaign and she will start appearing in ads in January 2009, following in the footsteps of Rihanna and Drew Barrymore.

A company spokesperson says: “Ellen is the quintessential CoverGirl. She is smart, confident, natural and beautiful from the inside out. Her beauty and down-to-earth personality fit perfectly with what CoverGirl represents.”

What do you think of Ellen as the new face of CG?

Comments

I think it’s cool although she wouldn’t bee too versatile. She could probably promote a lot of natural style makeup. clean makeup. definitely not the super long lashes or bold lipsticks though. lol

I’ve never tried CoverGirl products, as I’ve only heard negative reviews about them, and there are so many companies people are raving about.

So… I have no idea =S

It is fun watching her show but it won’t be much fun watching her representing a makeup company, especially CoverGirl, one is associated with youth, fun and colours. It’s just strange to me.

But CoverGirl doesn’t get much rave from me (and many others) so I don’t know. Perhaps the company is trying to change its image (& hopefully the products too)

Yea I heard about that. I never saw it comming that she’d end up being a covergirl! I guess theyre trying to take a different approach and promote to a different crowd? love your blog!

I heard about this last week on the radio with Ryan Seacrest. I actually think it’s cool! :) I like Ellen Degeneres and I think it will show people you don’t need to look like a model to be a CG.

6. beautifulwithbrains says

Connie: I agree. I can’t see her with bold lipstick either but they are probably trying to attract a more mature audience and I think she’s a great choice for that.

Anastacia: I haven’t tried their products either but I like the fact that a brand hasn’t chosen a skinny, young actress or supermodel to promote their products. Not that Ellen is ugly. On the contrary, she is very pretty and has aged beautifully. She just doesn’t conform to the type of beauty that the media keep shoving down our throats.

Dao: I agree, I expect lots of natual looks from her. I like Ellen too. I have only seen bits of her show, but it is really good.

Jojobs: I was surprised about it cos it is mostly young people that buy their products. I guess they are trying to attract a wider market and I think Ellen would appeal to women of all ages.

Jessica Dee: thanks, I’m glad you like the blog. That is probably what they are trying to do and they picked teh right person, in my opinion.

Alyssa: I agree with you. I like the fact they’ve chosen a real woman and not just another nameless skinny young model.