Inside Rihanna makeup bag

Singer Rihanna is a Cover Girl spokesmodel. Her mum used to be a makeup artist and Rihanna was fascinating watching her apply makeup on other people. Here’s what the singer has in her makeup bag:

JANE IREDALE D20 HYDRATION SPRAY ($17.50)
It can be used to set mineral after makeup has been applied or hydrate skin, especially in dry climates. People with oily skin can use it as a moisturizer. The skin becomes extremely hydrated, supple and fresh. D2O is also ideal for laser patients, particularly during dry, flaky periods.

BOBBI BROWN BRONZING POWDER ($33)
This soft matte, silky-smooth bronzer instantly gives skin the look of a natural tan.

MAC 136 LARGE POWDER BRUSH ($62)
Ultrasoft for a sheer application of face powder. The bristles are arranged in a dome shape and then tapered. It can be used to dust powder onto the face.

COVER GIRL VOLUME EXACT MASCARA ($7.79)
The plumping, no clumping brush surrounds individual lashes to volumize each lash.

MAC FLUIDLINE ($15)
Ultra-smooth, Fluidline’s gel formula provides the precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish. Goes on “foolproof” with a brush in an easy dip-and-stroke action. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof.

ESSIE NAIL POLISH in Wicked (8$)
Essie Nail Polishes are chip resistant. Rihanna’s favourite shade is Wicked, a deep dark red.

YVES SAINT LAURENT VOLUME EFFET MASCARA in Extreme Blue ($27.50)
Luxurious mascara for a false lash effect. An intense look in a single stroke. It has a triple-film complex: a coating film for intensity, conditioning film for curve and fixing film for long-lasting effectiveness.

TWEEZERMAN SLANT TWEEZERS ($20)
The perfectly aligned, hand-filed tips are slanted to grab every hair, every time with the smoothest, true precision.

COVER GIRL WET SLICKS GLOSS in Watermelon Splash ($5.93)
Pamper your lips with fresh, fruity flavor, a burst of shine and the smooth feel of a lip balm! Each pocket-sized tube of Wetslicks Fruit Spritzers has a conditioning formula, with botanical ingredients, helps improve lip condition over time and lock in moisture for hours.

Comments

I can’t tell you how many times i’ve tried this look and failed miserably. Lol. Looking at her bag, I should probably carry some tweezers with me too! Nice post :)

@nikki b – The problem with carrying tweezers with you (if they’re good ones, like Anastasia or Tweezerman) is that they’re calibrated to make sure the tips touch perfectly. Dropping them can throw them out of alignment and ruin them – so they need to be stored in their protective casing whenever they’re not in use.

I’ve always adored Rihanna’s makeup style and it’s definitely obvious that Fluidline is her must-have. She has one of the most amazing eye-shapes.

4. beautifulwithbrains says

Nikki: I love it too. She has a very nice selection.

Alyssa: I agree, she’s beautiful!

Cinthia: It surely does. I’m really curious to try it.

Anastasia: MAC is so expensive in Europe. I’ve been wanting to try that bush for ages but the price keeps putting me off.

Tammy M: me too. I love when celebs use drugstore brands :)

Nikki B: I love her look, but I don’t think I can pull it off. I’m glad you like the post :)

Connie: I love her makeup style too.

Hi Gio,

I love Rihanna! She rocks purple like nobody else! She has a good mix of high end and drugstore products here and I love her for that. Great post!

6. beautifulwithbrains says

Hi Dao, thanks for your comment and I’m glad you like the post. I love when celebs use drugstore brands, it shows you don’t need to spend lots of money to look good. And I agree, she looks great in purple, I wish I could pull it off like she can.